Pricing your listing
What should you charge? It’s up to you, but these tips could help you decide:
- Check out market prices: Try searching for comparable listings in your area to find out what they charge
- Factor in your cleaning fee: Build it into your rate or add it as a stand-alone fee
Once you’ve landed on a number, go ahead and set your price.
Let guests know before booking if you charge extra for things like cleaning, late check-ins, or pets. Even better, say so in your listing.
Service animals always stay free, but Hosts may charge extra for pets and emotional support animals, depending on the listing location. You’ll now collect pet fees as part of your listing’s nightly rate. If you’d previously selected “No pets allowed” but now want to include a pet fee, you’ll get a message explaining that your listing will be changed to “Pets allowed.” Your pet fee also can’t be more than your nightly base rate. Learn more about pets and related cleaning fees.
- HostManage your price settingsEdit your listing to manage your nightly price, discounts, and more.
- HostSet and customise nightly pricingEdit your listing to manage your nightly price. Any changes you make will only apply to future reservations.
- GuestHow pricing worksHow the total price of a reservation is calculated