Appartment we rent is on 2nd (top) floor in our family home in middle of village Srednja vas in Bohinj valley. Apparment is suitable for families & friends. Hosts 4-5 persons. Good location for active holiday or rest. Welcome!
Appartment is on top floor in our family house. Entrance through main door and 2 floor steps. Being on top of house you have all privacy.
Kitchen: fully furnished and eqiped with exit to balcony A. This is my favourite spot, amazing view on mountains and glacia U valley of hills Studor and Rudnica.(Towards the lake Bohinj). Straight ahead church (yes, it bells every hour) and you can sit on terrace watching sun going down.
Bedroom 1: one king-size bed, exit to balcony B
Bedroom 2: one king- size bed and single bed, exit to balcony B
From Balcony B you are looking in direction of Ribnica Waterfall & Restaurant Pri Hrvatu (terrace on left) and on your right bus stop and grocery shop Mercator. This is also event place once a week (see bord on our garage)
Living room with TV corner
Shower & Toilet
There is parking space infront of house.
Bus stop (also ski bus) is 20m from our house.
Train station in Bohinjska Bistrica 6 km.
You will be able to use terrace outside.
Interaction with guests
Our familly home is part of small farm - we have some fields & pastures, wood and cattle, few pigs and chicken.
We try to supply our extended family with home grown food. As part of tradition in valley my Grandparents are spending summers in mountain Lom, with cattle, and they have a pritty place! They make traditional Trapist cheeses and cottage, shnapps and soure milk, can make a snack or traditional žganci dish.
We are inviting every guest to visit them if looking for interaction with locals! My mom goes up there every morning and evening to milk house so camn take you there if you are not too fancy :) or don't have a car.
We are happy to give advice how to spend your days!
- Are you hiker? Lake Bohinj valley has many options - for shorter, propper and serious hikers. Maps can be bought in tourist office at lake (and most petrol stations). If you want some real suggestions let me know!
- Are you cyclist? Easy 20 km ride around valley - most on cycling road!
Visit Savica waterfall 25 km most visited waterfall in country
- Visit museums & sights
- If bringing own bikes we will store them safetly in garage. If you wish to rent - I work in bike shop/ travel agency in Bled and can deliver all sorts of bikes free of charge and with 10% discount on rental price. Visit (URL HIDDEN) for more info on bikes.
- Are you MTB biker? A park on Vogel mountain, many routes to cycle!
- Are you Motor biker? There are some beautiful loop rides across our county and some amazing passes. Let us know and we will empty our garage :)
-Came to Expore Slovenia - suggestions for day trips:
- visit lake Bled - pletna boat to Island (20€), castle (8€) and must see Vintgar Gorge (6€) , 1 hour walk around lake
Drive around Julian Alps: Bled - Kranjska Gora - Soča valley - Bovec - Kobarid - Most na Soči and Sorica pass back.
Drive to Ljubljana city (park in one of city garages and walk into city centre, take a boat on Ljubljanica, take lift up to castle! Ljubljana is beautifull.
Drive to Kranjska Gora and take a hike or visit Jasna Lake, Zelenci (source of Sava river) or further across border to Italy (Trevisio) (dont forget to stop at Belopeška lakes)
from Kranjska Gora over Podkoren pass to Villach and Carinthia lakes area (Faakersee, wörtersee) to Klagenfurt and over Ljubelj and Tržič back to Bled. (A bit longer day but 3 countries and breathtaking area)
Drive to East and visit Maribor and Ptuj then drive towards Otočec - vineyard area, spa, castles.....
Family or easy days - have a swimm in Lake Bohinj (parking is payable, get Bohinj Card at tourist office)
-rent a boat or take a ride with tourist boat and hike to waterfall (1 hr)
-horse ridding at Mrcina ranch (2 km) & oplen old house museum
-try ENORMOUS pizza in Pizzeria Ema and Fish in pri Hrvatu with some propper Slovene wine
- For adrenalin bust you can do all sorts of sports in valely - I recomend to check providers locally (Alpinsport, Pacsports, Outdoorslovenia)
- Lesce airport is somehow forgoten - they offer 1 hour flights over Julian Alps on quite dicent price. Views are amazing as you can see from some of my photos..
Family ski slopes 2 km and Vogel 8km. Ski storage guaranteed.
Flyfishers welcome from April 1st to November!
Got special hobby or interest? Ask Jana :) I know area insight out, am very entusiastic over our country and working in tourism so have many contatcts and informations (but pritty busy so better to write or call in advance if plan details).
Other things to note
Tourist tax is payable localy at end of your stay 1,27 eur / person / day.
NO ATM / CASH MACHINE IN VILLAGE ( closest Bohinjska Bistrica or Ribčev Laz). Restaurants & shop charges credit cards.
No snow / ski shoes in house. You can leave them in our garage :)
From Dec 25, 2017 - Jan 02, 2018 the minimum stay is 7 nights.
This host has 11 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Property is owned by my mother and father and I am happy to help with administration. We all speak english and some german, I also speak spanish, german, italian and croatian. I work in tourism from start and am happy to share my knowledge, local insight and Slovenia entusiasm! Welcome!