El Pajar, is one of two houses (the other being La Labranza), that are part of the Bohemian Hideaway finca on Gran Canaria. Once a traditional farmhouse in ruins, the 150 year old building was restored in 2006 and was granted a license by the islands tourist board to open as a rural holiday home.
The finca is in the small hamlet of Ingenio de Santa Lucia, 530m above sea level and nestled in a quiet valley of olive and palm trees. The surrounding mountains are extremely popular with hikers and cyclists, many of which travel here specifically for the islands warm winter climate and spectacular scenery.
Once the farmhouse stables, and later used as storage for drying tobacco, El Pajar was beautifully renovated to receive guests. The house features a living/dining/kitchen area with seating, a dining table and chairs, TV and DVD player. The master bedroom has two comfortable single beds, Air-con, and an electric heater.
El Pajar has all of the modern comforts of home and can host from 2 to 4 guests in two separate double bedrooms, (the secondary bedroom having its own private WC and wash basin).
The finca has a large pool and garden area, with sun beds to relax under the sun, as well as parasols and trees for shade. There is also an outdoor BBQ kitchenette area with a washing sink, table and chairs.
In the hamlet of Ingenio de Santa Lucia, there is one small shop selling the basics, and on weekend nights the owner opens the indoor patio and serves fantastic traditional dishes for an amazingly affordable price.
Just a 5 minute drive away (or a fun 20 minute hike), is the picturesque village of Santa Lucia, with small grocery shops, restaurants, bakeries, a pharmacy, and an ATM machine. Other than the sound of the hourly church bell or a passing car, the village of Santa Lucia, is also an extremely quiet and relaxed place with quaint white washed houses and cobbled streets.
Our Bohemian Hideaway finca is perfect for those wanting to spend time in nature, but it is also just a 35 minute drive to the coast! Notable beaches close to the finca are El Cabron, teeming with marine life and a celebrated spot for scuba diving and snorkeling, and Pozo Izquierdo, renowned for its perfect wind & kitesurfing conditions.
Maspalomas, famous for its long golden beaches and breathtaking sand dunes, is just a 45 minute drive from the finca. The neighbouring town of Playa del Ingles, is were you will find restaurants and nightlife.
Las Palmas, with its popular Las Canteras beach, surfers, and relaxed city vibe, is no more than 50 minutes from the finca.
Wherever you decide to drive and explore, the Bohemian Hideaway finca is an excellent starting point for your road trip, with scenic views and plenty of photo opportunities for budding photographers.
For those wishing to book with larger groups of family and friends, El Pajar can be rented together with La Labranza, the second house on the finca. Please check out our listing for La Labranza, here on Airbnb.
El Pajar features:
• Private veranda with seating and wooden table
• Breakfast table shaded by an old olive tree
• Main bedroom - 2 comfortable single beds with white linen, a large wardrobe, bedside drawers, electronic safe, Air-con, electric heater, extinguisher
• Kitchen area - ceramic cooker, electric oven, fridge/freezer, microwave, Nespresso Essenza mini machine, coffee filter machine, kettle, toaster, juicer, pots & pans, crockery & cutlery, condiments basket, extinguisher
• Living/dining area - sofa, armchairs, table and 4 chairs, TV/DVD, electric heater, games and films on request
• Bathroom - L'OCCITANE toiletries, towels, big open shower, wash basin, toilet, medical kit, hair dryer
• Secondary bedroom - comfortable double bed with white linen, a private WC with hand basin, a large wardrobe, bedside drawers, electric heater and fan
• Garden terrace - Swimming pool, sun beds, parasols, BBQ kitchenette with running water & sink, tables & chairs, olive and palm trees. Please note: the garden and pool area are shared spaces between El Pajar and La Labranza guests
• Free private parking for guests
• Pets permitted upon request