We love staying at Silvia's place. We were there for 8 days in late August and the weather was good. Although communication was a little difficult as we did not have a phone that works abroad. We use (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) when Wifi is available. There were no notes at the front door so we have no way of knowing what to do when we get there. We have to ask a nearby restaurant to use their phone to call Silvia when we got there. Once we got in, it was all good. Silvia, was not there to meet us, but we met with Pablo instead. Pablo was very pleasant and resourceful and gave wonderful recommendations. Silvia had left us bread, butter, jam/jelly, milk and soy milk as well as cofee and tea for breakfast. That was so nice! It has many other wonderful amenities. We also love Silvia's style and aesthetics. It was a wonderful experience both pros and cons and the list is below:
(1) Great location as it is close to lots of restaurants, bars and boutique shops.
(2) Great Wifi and helped with lots of research quickly for our explorations.
(3) Awesome shower after a long day exploring the city (although we did not use the body spray shower... just the overhead)
(4) The AC is great for the hot weather in August... it's nice to enter a cool comfortable dwelling after a sweaty day about.
(5) Lots of travel guides and literatures available in the apartment, you almost don't need to bring any travel reference.
(6) There are electrical converters available as well which was nice as we only brought one to share for our digital equipment.
(1) There is no elevator, the apartment is on the very top floor (4th), normally that is not a big deal, but if you were us who walks alot, it's a little challenging to walk up 4 flights of stair, but do not let that deter you unless you are out of shapes, etc.
(2) The space does look like what the photos shown, however it feel smaller than expected in real life. I think a wide angle camera was used to take the photos.
(3) Although, the profile say the apt. fits 4 people, in reality, I think it could fit 2 adults and 2 children in the upstairs alcove unless the extra two people are small people.
We hope this helps the future renters and Silvia. We would stay there again but just need to be mindful of our daily activities so that we can manage the stairs. Also, if you like cocktails, there is a wonderful bar called 1862 Dry Bar very close by for an awesome experience. Cheers!