About this listing
Our comfortable studio has an outside lanai with a breathtaking ocean view. One of the few rentals on the Makai(ocean) side of Hana Hwy . Situated on 4 acres of land with access to hiking trails, a great bay for snorkeling and fishing, 2 miles to Twin falls and 2 miles from the world famous surf spot JAWS!
***Updated daily ***
Check out my profile for weather/surf report & lots of fun things to do on Maui!!! Click the small photo of the heart shaped shells for my profile!!!
Description of the Ohana. Entire upstairs unit, large space (over 500sq. ft. ). The outside kitchenette located on the covered lanai was designed specifically so you wouldn't be looking at a kitchen in your studio. This makes the studio much more spacious than other studios you'll find with an interior kitchen.You'll have your own private driveway and entrance. Landscaped drive with arika palms leading to a landing with 6 steps to the upstairs lanai and room. You will be our only guests, there is no interaction with shared spaces. The spacious bathroom is attached to the room. The studio is in the upper rear of the home away from our rooms. The lanai has a magnificent view of the ocean, natural mango wood custom table, and a beautiful terracotta deck. On the covered lanai is a simple cooking facility with a small refrigerator, as well as a hot plate, toaster, coffee and pots and pans for cooking. The spacious living area (525 sq ft.) ... little hard to tell by the pictures. Most guests are pleasantly surprised. Hand made custom mango tables, new maple laminate flooring, flat screen tv with all channels including HBO and Showtime. Guide maps provided. Large chest of drawers with plenty of room for your clothes and plenty of space on top to place luggage and personal items, as well as a very comfortable king size bed. Fresh linens, bath and beach towels provided. The attached bathroom has a large Jacuzzi tub with shower attachment. It is Hawaiian tradition to remove our shoes before entering a home. If you are not comfortable barefoot you may want to pack slippers.
Should I stay on Maui's North Shore? It's not a developed resort destination. Do you like an active vacation, love hiking,waterfalls, being closer to nature and escape the tourist hustle and bustle? Do you enjoy experiencing green, natural life styles and like to get away from it all and still close enough to drive back in from all locations of the island? Something to ponder and help you decide what kind of experience you have in mind for your Maui vacation. * No additional charges....Taxes included*.
You will have wifi, Jacuzzi tub, t.v.surfboards, boogie boards, beach chairs, beach towels as well as directions to all the fun spots on Maui. Our expertise of the area is unique as we all well versed in Hawaiian culture and the surfing world.
Interaction with guests
We will greet you on arrival, show you where to park, show you the space and answer any questions you may have about Maui as we are 45 year residents. You have private entrance and we respect your privacy.
Other things to note
We are located along the beautiful Hana Hwy. Along the way you will pass through the historic town of Paia. It has great restaurants, shopping, entertainment as well as Mana Foods for groceries. You may want to pick up snacks and supplies. 2miles past Paia is Mamas Fish has for fine dinning-make reservations well in advance of your trip. Next is world famous Hookipa Beach park known for surfing and windsurfing as well as snorkeling on calm days. Other exciting experiences are driving to Hana and Haleakala National State Park. Reservations now required 3am-7am sunrise visitors. Twin Falls waterfalls and hiking is 2 miles from our property which begins the windy road to Hana with scenic views and more waterfalls.
Smoking is not allowed inside the house. OK on the lanai. One car maximum.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
Aloha! I have been hosting with airbnb for 2 years! I love it!!! I have met so many lovely people from all over the world. As your host, I want your visit to be pleasurable and I am only a text or phone call away! My activities include walking the beach at Baldwin going to Hana, jumping in waterfalls hiking, surfing, anything beach or Maui fun related! I also love swimming and beachcombing(URL HIDDEN)May 12, 2017
*Weather today, Haiku: low 80's.. light/moderate trade winds
^^^Another beautiful Maui day
* If you love beachcombing, Baldwin beach is perfect. Long strecth of sand for nice beach walks. One of my favorite beaches. You'll find turtles, surfers and windsurfing at Ho'okipa Beach. Both beaches have restrooms and showers.
* Twin Falls. Beautiful flowers, trees and ferns to enjoy. Nice walk to waterfalls.Its great if you're not able to get to Hana. Just a couple miles from us.
* Halehaku bay aka: Pilali bay is located at the end of our road!! There is a lookout and a hiking trail to the bay.
* Haleakala! Sunrise (need reservations) and sunset (no reservation required ) Highly recommend! Sunset no reservations needed
* Maui has amazing selction of jewelry, specifically black pearls, shells, gold, rose gold, silver. And the best kini's (bikinis) in every price range. Also, you can usually find a festival of some sort on weekends. Great shopping for Made on Maui products. They keep getting better! Also great for authentic Hawaiian food.
* North Shore groceries: Mana Foods, Paia. Amazing store. It's also the social hub for Paia residents.
* Honeymooners! Discover the perfect Hawaiian island (or two) for your honeymoon. Head to health centered Maui for the wellness-obssessed...daily yoga classes paddleboarding, hike Haleakala crater, pilates, spend the night in Hana and eat locally sourced food