Very cute 1930s one bedroom home. An authentic icon of the city's rich history with pool and jacuzzi, casement windows, central air and a vintage hifi radio. (Property has one other unit, a two bedroom also on Airbnb--but there are no attached walls and only the pool is shared). Sun at the pool, walk to the convention center, Ace, Saguaro, local eateries-all a 15 min. stroll. Cool Huffy bikes provided at no charge. Or, use our outdoor grill to cook and then hot tub it under the stars!
This property is a registered Palm Springs Vacation Rental, City ID No.2693.
Hi! First please read our pet policy which is found further below in this section of the listing. It will answer many of the questions those of you with pets have. Please also understand that our rates do not include the 11.5% City of Palm Springs Hotel Tax and that it will be added to the cost of your reservation. Thanks!
Adorable 1930s Spanish duplex on a quiet street close to everything. This listing is for the one bedroom back unit; we also have a fold out couch that is queen size so the unit can sleep four people.
Large open kitchen/dining and living area, casement windows, soothing brick bedroom.
We have wireless internet and a 30" flat screen TV equipped with cable.
The property has two units and a heated, in ground jacuzzi and pool (the units share the jacuzzi and pool). Heating is complimentary for the jacuzzi and, at your option, is $35 a day for the pool. The units can be rented together, check the separate listing for that option https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2671876).
We do not allow children under 15 at this property.
The pool and jacuzzi are shared but the units are otherwise completely separate.
Early check in (noon) and or late check out (2 pm) are available for an extra $40. Otherwise, our stated checkin times are firm; we need them observed because most nights are booked and we need the hours to properly turn the unit around. Please do not ask to extend the times for free. Thanks.
Some of the other cool features of our Hacienda include a gas grill, Huffy bikes, off street parking and a peaceful street with a striking view of Mt. San Jacinto--all less than a mile to Palm Springs' iconic downtown.
Well behaved dogs (only, no cats) under 40 pounds are allowed. The fee is $40 a day.
***The City of Palm Springs requires us to charge an 11.5% tax on all stays--this amount will be added to your reservation. But stay for 30 days or more and and avoid the tax! Holiday and event rates, including Coachella and major events like Pride Week and Modernism Week, are higher and there is generally a three night minimum for all such periods.
Guests have access to the pool and jacuzzi which are shared with one other unit.
Interaction with guests
We try to meet all the guests at some point during their stay but regardless we can arrange to leave a key in a lockbox so they may arrive at their convenience.
Here's our spiel for the safe and enjoyable use of the property:
1. Check in is 4pm and check out is 11am. This is so we can clean between guests. Early check in (noon) and check out (2 pm) is available for $40.
2. Please do NOT turn the air conditioning thermostat below 72 degrees; it puts an incredible strain on our systems to do so, to the point where they can wear out almost immediately. We monitor the thermostats wirelessly; if we discover that you have turned it below 72 degrees, you will be charged $25 each day you do so.
3. We want all our guests to enjoy their stay immensely but we do have neighbors so we ask them to keep the noise down after 10 pm. This is not a party house. Please, NO extra guests beyond the number of people of your reservation, unless previously arranged with us. The property is monitored by our neighbors for a violation of these rules.
4. For many reasons, including safety and the peace and quiet of our guests, we do not allow children under 15.
5. No smoking anywhere on the property.
6. Pets are an additional fee, and must be cleared before booking.
7. Please clean dishes used during your stay and dispose of excess trash in the bins in the driveway out front.
8. Please save the environment by not using excessive towels.
9. Please do not touch the pool controls or enter the pool room. Call me if there is a problem.
10. Guests assume the risk of using devices (such as the BBQ and chimney) that involve ignition of a fire. You can find instructions for their use, which are contained in the House Manual.
This host has 256 reviews for other properties.View other reviews