About this listing
Bedroom with own private bathroom in new house. Easy access to major highways & the MetroRail station. Keyless entry. Breakfast snacks provided daily. Super fast WiFi. Close to major tech employers like Apple, Dell, Paypal, etc.
We live in a Texas-sized house complete with 4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, 3 living areas, an office, & an open kitchen designed for entertaining. We can accommodate solo travelers to groups as big as 10+!
Check out our other listings:
•Modern Retreat with private bath: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1929377
•3 bed, 2 bath Upstairs Retreat: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2138750
•Huge, Modern, Luxurious Home (Can easily fit 10+): https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/5272399
Our touchscreen deadbolt on our front door allows guests to access our home without a key. We provide our guests a unique 4 digit code, making it easy for our guests to check in and check out.
We provide all of the little things that are often left behind when hurriedly packing for a trip (toiletries), and strive to leave our guests with little treats to jump-start your busy days (Fresh fruit, bagels, coffee). There is also a mini-fridge upstairs dedicated to our guests for their convenience. We strive to be your home away from home!
Our house was built in 2012 with green building standards in mind. As a result, it is extremely energy efficient. We have separate heating/cooling systems for the upstairs and downstairs with Nest thermostats allowing for personalized control. We also have two tankless water heaters, which can provide an unlimited amount of hot water, even if everyone is showering at the same time.
Guests will be able to access all parts of our home with the exception of our garage, master bedroom and office (all downstairs). Guests are always welcomed to use our kitchen, dining area, and first floor! Guests will also be able to access to our Media room, which has a 75" 4K UHD TV, a 7.1 surround sound system, an AppleTV, a Netflix and Amazon Video account, and basic over the air TV channels. It is an excellent space to watch movies or just hang out and listen to music.
Interaction with guests
Let us know what you need and we'll make it happen. We'll always be a phone call away if you need us when we are away.
Other things to note
Our rescue dogs, Mauzer and Zadie, are crate-trained and rest inside their crates when we are not at home. They are small ~15 pound mutts who enjoy belly-rubs, lounging around, and chasing squirrels in our backyard.
A PDF copy of our House Manual is available here:
City of Austin Short Term Rental Type 1
License # OL
Occupancy Limit: 2
The listing price includes the 15% combined City of Austin and State of Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax.
The City of Austin’s Hotel Occupancy Tax rate is 9 percent (9%), comprised of a 7 percent (7%) occupancy tax and an additional 2 percent (2%) venue project tax. The City of Austin requires that an additional tax of two percent (2%) be imposed on each hotel charge for the purpose of financing a venue project. The State of Texas imposes a Hotel Occupancy Tax rate of 6 percent (6%).
Please be aware that our property is actively monitored by outdoor security cameras including the Skybell doorbell. Unregistered guests are not allowed without prior permission. Failure to respect this rule will result in immediate eviction without refund.
• Please be respectful of our property. This is our dream home, and we want to continue to share it with you and all future guests.
• Please remove and leave your shoes at the entrance. We have a shoe cabinet next to the front door to store shoes.
• Because this is our primary residence, we do not allow parties, outside visitors, or extra overnight guests without prior approval.
• Guests must notify us immediately when there is an emergency, a malfunction, and/or a problem with our property. If a guest accidentally breaks or damages something, we must be alerted immediately and guests must arrange for its replacement or repair.
• Smoking (or vaping) of any kind is not allowed inside our home. Guests are welcomed to enjoy our front porch and back patio for a smoke
• We love pets, but please leave yours at home.
• The Garage is OFF limits. Because this is our primary residence, we use the garage for storage and for our cars.
• Please park in the street directly in front of our house on either side of the driveway.
• Please be respectful of our neighbors. City of Austin code has a noise ordinance in effect at 10:00pm so please limit outside noise after that time.
• If the heating or cooling system is running, please leave the windows closed.
Cancel up to 24 hours before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
This host has 65 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
• Modern Retreat with private bath: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1929377
• Modern Retreat #2 with private bath: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2138690
• 3 bed, 2 bath Upstairs Retreat: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/5272399
• Huge, Modern, Luxurious Home (Can easily fit 10+): https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2138750
We are fun, outgoing 30-somethings who recently bought our giant dream home with the intention of filling it up one day with lots of adorable offspring. Until that day, half of it sits impeccably clean, decorated and empty, except for when we have lovely visitors! We absolutely love hosting people and have decided to open our home to the rest of the world.
We live in a Texas-sized house complete with 4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, 3 living areas, an office, and an open kitchen designed for entertaining. We provide all of the little things that are often left behind when hurriedly packing for a trip (toiletries), and strive to leave our guests with little treats to jump-start your busy days (yogurt, fresh fruit, bagels, coffee). We strive to be your home away from home!
We both came to Austin for college (The University of Texas) almost a decade ago, fell in love with the city, and never left. We met in the summer of 2008, and we've been married since 2011. Diana is an elementary school Music and Spanish teacher. Paul is an Electrical and Computer Engineer. We share our home with our two lovely rescue dogs, Mauzer and Zadie. We absolutely love Austin, traveling, and meeting new people!