The house itself is quirky (there is a back story on why it is dubbed the Inception House) but is comfortable and relaxing for a single guest or two guests. As guests you will have a private bedroom, private bathroom, and shared common areas. The bedroom is equipped with a mini fridge, and a small coffee maker to brew a selection of local coffee we have provided (otherwise Keurig is in the kitchen). The bedroom also has room darkening curtains for your comfort.
The room itself is minimalist in decor and designed to focus on being comfortable and cozy. In addition to a personal fridge and coffee maker, the space also features a clutter free workspace where you are able to take advantage of our fast wifi. And if you wish to do some leisure reading while you are with us, there will always be a selection of books on the nightstand which feature New Mexican authors or books relevant to the southwest and its culture. With the exception of fresh towels and blankets, the cubed shelving and closet are entirely available for your personal use.
As guests you will have a private bedroom, private bathroom, and shared common areas including the front living room, dining room, kitchen and laundry room. The front living room is primarily for guest use and is equipped with cable, an AppleTV for streaming, and a Blu-ray/DVD player. If you choose to utilize the laundry facilities, please feel free to use the products in the laundry room and coordinate with me prior. Lastly, the kitchen is available for use but please tidy up after yourself and keep in mind we utilize this space too. Spices, oils, utensils, cookware, dishes, etc. are at your disposal but food items must be purchased of your own accord.
Interaction with guests
As this is our home, you may regularly see or interact with us but as guests our primary concerns are your comfort and privacy. We have the ability to close off parts of the house if you wish your stay to be more private, although we will still share an entrance/exit (which is through the front living room).
Additionally, during your stay you may see our friend who rents a different section of the house (separate from the main house) as she occasionally uses the laundry room or pops in to chat with me.
Other things to note
E-cigarette use or vaping is present in this household. The use is limited to our personal space and will not be used in common areas or guest areas.
*This will not affect areas designated as private to the guest (bedroom and bathroom) or common areas (living room, dining room, and kitchen).
The property has cameras placed outside to monitor the exterior of our home, including entrances such as the front door. This video footage is not shared and may be recorded for liability reasons in the case of damage to property, violation of guest rules, etc.
- As a courtesy, quiet hours are from 10 PM to 6 AM.
- No smoking or drug use is allowed on the property.
- Street parking only. Please do not park in the driveway.
- Guests have access to the private bedroom, private bathroom and common areas listed. Other areas have no guest access and are restricted to our personal use only.
- Please no house guests that are not listed as part of the reservation.
– The property has cameras placed outside to monitor the exterior of our home, including entrances such as the front door. This video footage is not shared and may be recorded for liability reasons in the case of damage to property, violation of guest rules, etc. Any attempt at disabling or obscuring the cameras is prohibited and may result in the guest being evicted without refund. The full deposit will be forfeited if any of the above are found. You will also be asked to leave the property immediately without any money returned.