This is a typical two family flat in the fabulous South St. Louis neighborhood of SOHA (Southampton).
Quiet, safe, friendly street, wonderfully walk-able and just 5 doors up from the attractive Mackland Avenue business district. I live upstairs and am available at all times.
This unit is within walking distance of the best restaurants & bars in SOHA (0.1 – 0.7 miles)
The first floor flat has been furnished as much as possible with the period of the home in mind to give you the ambiance of 1930’s life. Decorative fireplace with electric logs, formal dining room, art glass windows, coffered ceilings and replica chandelier. Remodeled kitchen with Viking stove, dishwasher and microwave.
There are water stains on the bathroom ceiling. The backyard is fenced, but is 100% mowed weeds and the tiny deck is wonky. Fine for letting a pet outside for a pit stop or some outdoor time, but not suitable for backyard ‘living’.
Renovations continue but it is a labor of love, time and money.
You have private access to the entire first floor apartment. Private entrance and full use of the backyard, such as it is. Inside stairwell is not part of guest space, but unlocked and available in case of emergency exit.
Interaction with guests
I have lived in the St Louis area my entire life and am happy to make suggestions if you have a special interest. If there is something special you need or want, let me know. Most likely, I can get it for you or help you find it.
Other things to note
I am pet friendly and work very hard to keep my unit clean and fresh for each guest. If your pet loves to lounge on the sofa and watch TV, no problem, I have extra flat sheets for the asking to cover the sofa if you feel it is a good idea.
My back yard is loved by all doggy guests, but leaving the back door open for their convenience is not allowed. Let them in and out as often as they like, I am also available to cater to their indoor/outdoor whims, if you are away and you want me to cater to your pups need.
The city may seem like a sterile environment, but we have mice, rats, raccoons, opossums, foxes, and deer. As much as I love wildlife, I do not want them in my home. Please help me keep them outside by keeping the door shut when it is not being used for entry or exit.
- Pets must be declared and have proof of rabies vaccination. (city law)
- Pets may not be left outside while away from apartment or overnight.
- Back door may not be left open, while you are present or away, for the convenience of your pet.
- St Louis has leash laws and outside of back yard, pets must be on leash.
- There is no poop fairy. Please clean up after your pet, in the back yard and especially on neighborhood walks. Please clean up back yard poo as soon as possible and daily is preferred. A full week of poo is not acceptable.
- Smoking area is enclosed back porch during inclement weather, and outdoors only. Thank you for your consideration so I can continue to offer a friendly, clean, comfortable space to all guests.
- I clean the apartment between every guest and weekly if you stay more than 7 days. I am happy to coordinated times with you and you are welcome to choose between being present or away, while I clean. But if you book over 7 days, cleaning during your stay (every week) is not negotiable and will occur at our best mutually agreeable convenience. I hope most long term guests will be please to know they get fresh sheets, a clean home and a housekeeping worry free stay.
I am a native (58yr) St. Louisian and live in south city.
I love to read and I love camping. I go to bed/get up early.
I have 4 cats, which is one short of crazy cat lady. They live upstairs with me.
I love animals and am happy to welcome your fur (or scale) babies.
I am new to Airbnb and am thrilled and terrified all at the same time.
Life is good and should be lived as an adventure!
Welcome to my home.