This historic home is conveniently located in a safe, lovely neighborhood between Emory University and Morningside/Virginia Highland areas. It is perfect for business travelers and couples. You'll have a private room with a Queen bed and share a half bath and full bath with the host. The rooms are simply designed for maximum positivity and peace to help you achieve a state of mindfulness and flow.
- This is a home of peace, love, and respect. All races, creeds, colors, genders, political affiliations, and orientations are welcome.
- Please do NOT allow the cats to go outside.
- Treat me, my pets, and other guests with the respect you would want to be treated with. In the very, very unlikely case that any conflicts arise between you and another guest, first try to solve it like respectful, polite adults. If the issue continues, let me know and I will address it.
- You will have my direct cellphone number. Feel free to use it any time, day or night. You may call or text me. I may not always be able to answer (like if I'm asleep or at work), but I will get back to you ASAP.
- No parties, no outside visitors without explicit host permission in writing over Airbnb messaging, and no overnight guests without previous approval when you book.
- We use a keypad lock for self check-in. You will be given instructions on how to open and close it. Only lock and unlock the keypad lock. Do NOT lock the bottom door handle.
- Do not engage in illegal activities anywhere on the property.
- If you break or damage something, please let me know and arrange for its replacement or repair.
- Some people in our neighborhood don't know about or understand Airbnb. To avoid confusion and unnecessary complications, please do not mention Airbnb to our neighbors when you meet them.
- When you request to book this space, please include the sentence "Right now I am happy because..." and put the reason why you are happy. That will show me that you actually took the time to read the house rules thoroughly. :)
- You may only smoke outside as long as all nearby doors and windows are closed.
- Put dirty dishes in the sink or dishwasher.
- Clean up after yourself when you use the kitchen and other common spaces.
- You may do laundry in the basement.
- Please do not take any linens or other household items with you as souvenirs unless you are given written permission in an email.
- Do not walk around in your underwear in common spaces. You may wear a robe or pajamas (not provided). Nudity is only appropriate in the privacy of your bedroom or the bathroom.
- Do not take food into your bedroom. Please eat in the dining room or on the porch. This is to limit property damage and reduce the risk of insects becoming attracted to your bedroom.
- There is no curfew, and you may come and go as you please.
- Quiet hours are 10 PM to 7 AM. No one expects you to tip-toe around during the day, even if someone is taking a nap. :) However, after about 11 PM, please keep the noise down, especially if people are trying to sleep. You may talk or watch TV, but please keep the volume reasonably low so that you don't disturb others.
- The only food and drink provided to guests for free (included in your booking) are: Coffee, Tea, Half & Half. Everything else -- food, wine, snacks, softdrinks -- is host property and is not available for your consumption. We do have some instant oatmeal and instant noodles available for purchase for a small fee. You are also welcome to buy some groceries for yourself and store them in the refrigerator and pantry. There is a large grocery store as close as a 20-minute walk (less than 5 minutes by car).
- Return all keys before or at the time of checkout.
- Keep in mind for planning your check-out down the road, the check-out time is scheduled for 11 AM or earlier.
- At checkout, you will be responsible for removing all of your belongings, any food (opened or unopened), and any trash from the apartment. Please do not strip the bed. You may leave your dirty towels on the floor of your private bathroom (for Room 1) or in the silver hamper in the shared bathroom (for Room 2). Our cleaners will come to take care of everything else. :)
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
This host has 69 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I was born and raised on Alabama's Gulf Coast. I'm passionate about learning and exploring, living a joyous and meaningful life, and being active. I graduated with a BS in Marketing from the Culverhouse College of Commerce and Business Administration at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa.
I currently live in Atlanta, GA, where I have launched Dogwood Fitness LLC ( a wellness coaching and personal training business. We help individuals, corporations, and organizations that want to improve the professional and personal wellbeing of their own selves, their management teams, and their employees. We also offer programs in partnership with healthcare and other service based businesses to seamlessly deliver wellness coaching and training to clients, customers and members on their behalf.
I try to incorporate wellness and mindfulness into my hosting style. I also offer all my guests a complimentary wellness coaching session that can be conducted in person or over the phone whenever we can find a mutually convenient time.
In my spare time I juggle hobbies like writing and singing music in a band, going out salsa and bachata dancing, and spending time with my friends. I'm also pretty obsessed with my cats, Macaroon and Moonpie. I love meeting new people and sharing all the cool things Atlanta has to offer.