Peace, quiet, and focus await you in this mindful relaxation room. This historic home is conveniently located in a safe, lovely neighborhood between Emory University and Morningside/Virginia Highland areas. It is perfect for business travelers and couples. You'll have a private room with a Queen bed and share a half bath and full bath with the host. The rooms are simply designed for maximum positivity and peace to help you achieve a state of mindfulness and flow.
This room is on the second floor of a two-story duplex/townhome. You will have access to the patio, living room, dining room, kitchen, laundry facilities, a half bath on the main floor, and your private bedroom and shared full bathroom with shower and tub on the second floor.
The space has been thoughtfully designed to stimulate positivity and creativity and support mindfulness and relaxation. Amenities include:
- Sleep sound machine with color-changing night light projector to support deep sleep, studying, working, or meditation
- Extra blankets and pillows for maximum coziness
- Colored pencils and Color Me Stress-Free or Color Me Calm coloring books for an artistic outlet to find relaxation and meditation or to unplug and rewind
- Either a Tibetan singing bowl or a meditation chime with a resonating sound that will calm and refocus your heart and mind
- Paper maps and guides for the city of Atlanta
- Instant hot oatmeal and instant noodles are available for purchase if you need a quick meal
Guests are welcome to use the kitchen to make coffee, the dining room to eat, and the living room and patio to relax. We also have a printer and a downstairs television with Netflix and other Apple TV apps (no cable or broadcast TV).
Interaction with guests
I stay very busy and try to let my guests have as much space as they want. My cohost and I are available to help you with anything you need around the home and answer your questions about Atlanta and the home.
When possible, I'm happy to make customized recommendations, show you around the city, take you to cool spots, and make recommendations about great bars, restaurants, parks, sites, and more. Just let me know well in advance if this is something you would like and I will do my best to arrange it.
Other things to note
Early Check-In and Late Check-Out times usually can not be accommodated. However, when possible, we do allow them. If we agree to honor a request for Early Check-In or Late Check-Out, we will send you an alteration request through the Airbnb app with an additional fee. That additional fee will be approximately the average cost of another night's stay with us. The fee will be applied for each request you have made - once for Early Check-In, if applicable, and once for Late Check-Out. If you attempt to check out late or check in early without making prior arrangements with us, you agree to a charge that is twice the amount it would have been if you had arranged a late check-out or early check-in with us.
Two sweet cats live here. They love people and will want to greet you, play with you, and be petted by you.
Please note that this is an old house in the southern United States, which means that you may see signs of an old home -- rust, dust, and the occasional harmless bug. I'm a bit of a clean freak and do my best to keep the place as clean as possible, but please have reasonable expectations.
I am an Emory University-trained Wellness Coach, and I offer all my guests a complimentary 1-hour Wellness Coaching session. Wellness coaching is a process that facilitates healthy, sustainable behavior change by challenging a client to develop their inner wisdom, identify their values, and transform their goals into action. This can be done in-person or virtually (via phone or online). To schedule your complimentary session, just let me know that you are interested in it.
- This is a home of peace, love, and respect. All races, creeds, colors, genders, political affiliations, and orientations are welcome.
- Please do NOT allow the cats to go outside, into the basement, or in your guest room.
- Treat me, my pets, and other guests with the respect you would want to be treated with. In the very, very unlikely case that any conflicts arise between you and another guest, first try to solve it like respectful, polite adults. If the issue continues, let me know and I will address it.
- You will have my direct cellphone number. Feel free to use it any time, day or night. You may call or text me. I may not always be able to answer (like if I'm asleep or at work), but I will get back to you ASAP.
- No parties, no outside visitors without explicit host permission in writing over Airbnb messaging, and no overnight guests without previous approval when you book.
- We use a keypad lock for self check-in. You will be given instructions on how to open and close it. Only lock and unlock the keypad lock. Do NOT lock the bottom door handle.
- Do not engage in illegal activities anywhere on the property.
- If you break or damage something, please let me know and arrange for its replacement or repair.
- Some people in our neighborhood don't know about or understand Airbnb. To avoid confusion and unnecessary complications, please do not mention Airbnb to our neighbors when you meet them.
- You may only smoke outside as long as all nearby doors and windows are closed.
- Put dirty dishes in the sink or dishwasher.
- Clean up after yourself when you use the kitchen and other common spaces.
- You may do laundry in the basement.
- Please do not take any linens or other household items with you as souvenirs unless you are given written permission in an email.
- Do not walk around in your underwear in common spaces. You may wear a robe or pajamas (not provided). Nudity is only appropriate in the privacy of your bedroom or the bathroom.
- To keep insects from becoming attracted to your bedroom, please immediately clean up and dispose of any food waste that you have in your room.
- There is no curfew, and you may come and go as you please.
- Quiet hours are 10 PM to 7 AM. No one expects you to tip-toe around during the day, even if someone is taking a nap. :) However, after about 11 PM, please keep the noise down, especially if people are trying to sleep. You may talk or watch TV, but please keep the volume reasonably low so that you don't disturb others.
- The only food and drink provided to guests for free (included in your booking) are: Coffee, Tea, Half & Half. Everything else -- food, wine, snacks, softdrinks -- is host property and is not available for your consumption. We do have some instant oatmeal and instant noodles available for purchase for a small fee. You are also welcome to buy some groceries for yourself and store them in the refrigerator and pantry. There is a large grocery store as close as a 20-minute walk (less than 5 minutes by car).
- You will be provided a key for your bedroom. Return all keys before or at the time of checkout. You may leave it in the door knob or in the room. If you do not return your key, we will charge you $100 for the cost of changing locks.
- Keep in mind for planning your check-out down the road, the check-out time is scheduled for 11 AM or earlier.
- When you request to book this space, please include the sentence "Right now I am happy because..." and put the reason why you are happy. That will show me that you actually took the time to read the house rules thoroughly. :)
- At checkout, you will be responsible for removing all of your belongings, any food (opened or unopened), and any trash from the apartment. Please do not strip the bed. You may leave your dirty towels on the floor of your private bathroom (for Room 1) or in the silver hamper in the shared bathroom (for Room 2). Our cleaners will come to take care of everything else. :)
I was born and raised on Alabama's Gulf Coast. I'm passionate about learning and exploring, living a joyous and meaningful life, and being active. I graduated with a BS in Marketing from the Culverhouse College of Commerce and Business Administration at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa.
I currently live in Atlanta, GA, where I have launched Dogwood Fitness LLC ( a wellness coaching and personal training business. We help individuals, corporations, and organizations that want to improve the professional and personal wellbeing of their own selves, their management teams, and their employees. We also offer programs in partnership with healthcare and other service based businesses to seamlessly deliver wellness coaching and training to clients, customers and members on their behalf.
I try to incorporate wellness and mindfulness into my hosting style. I also offer all my guests a complimentary wellness coaching session that can be conducted in person or over the phone whenever we can find a mutually convenient time.
In my spare time I juggle hobbies like writing and singing music in a band, going out salsa and bachata dancing, and spending time with my friends. I'm also pretty obsessed with my cats, Macaroon and Moonpie. I love meeting new people and sharing all the cool things Atlanta has to offer.