*NOTE: If Airbnb site says dates are unavailable, please email me. Dates will most likely be available but my calendar has not been updated yet (new listing). Please contact me by message and I will correct it or send you a booking request. Thanks!
1000sqft high-end, modern Soma loft mere blocks from Civic BART. With a small park nearby. Close to: Castro/Mission & transportation to most anywhere.Great access to food/bars/museums/freeway.
The location is hard to beat. (Be savvy though because it's the city & at night I wouldn't recommend walking solo).
The space is super comfortable and relaxed, and while I won't claim to be a perfectionist, the loft is kept above average clean normally & you'll find it that way. You will have fresh clean linens & towels, & for the price you will surely love it.
Note: it does get chilly in the winter/fall months. Fireplace is the heater. Use it to balance the loft temp. Keep it set to auto so it will shut off on its own after the it warms up. Never turn it up over 75-6. The fire will turn on if set above 72-73 depending on outside temp.
It's a busy part of town so the noise level is unpredictable. Book knowing this! It's also a loft with giant windows so depending on season, weather, and whether or not screened windows are open a lot, there is a chance more dust/pollen will enter space than what you anticipate from the average apartment.
NOTE: it's also a city loft & my personal home (not an income property). This means: the place will be professionally cleaned but i have no control over evening noise, especially on weekends (occasionally it's louder more often during summer months and/or if some special event is happening). As well as the dust/pollen, which floats in depending on the season or if windows are kept open or if wind is strong.
If you have kids please alert first as I would want to know what you expect/anticipate from the space to consider it kid-friendly! Thanks
The loft is there for you to enjoy and guests are welcome to most every area. Three exceptions are utility closet next to the front door, storage area above bed and free standing closet in bedroom.
Interaction with guests
Very little to none unless needed. There will be a lock box and door code upon booking.
I will most likely be a 15-30 mins away at or out of town but can be reached by phone or text. I will also have a friend on stand-by in case there is an emergency and I am out of town. Likewise, if there is an electrical/plumbing etc issue, I can fill out an online work form and the maintenance people usually respond within 24 hours.
Other things to note
If you have more than 3 people, there is additional charge. $20/night per person. Longer stays will have a flat fee. I did not mark listing to having a pet on premise because there will be no pet during your stay but I do own a 5lb hypo-allergenic and shed-free dog who is groomed monthly and at the loft on and off. I know allergies run strong so: Please inform me if you need any added assurances in order for your stay not to be affected by this.
It's a potentially kid-friendly space (children 10+) but please alert me in advance so I can assure the space is prepared properly.
- Prior authorization before evening/day events or parties REQUIRED
- If you are new to Airbnb and/or have never been reviewed please let me know before booking (if possible) and if not, immediately after booking. And I'm not interested in penalizing new travelers as much as I want to clarify expectations (as I'm new to Airbnb too and not running a professional hotel) as well as I may ask for a little more information since this is my home.
- If you are an employer or a third party booking & paying for the reservation, please inform me as immediately as possible. As well as, it falls on whomever is booking the reservation to provide both host and guests with the proper information about how to access loft, the general house rules/guidebook and/or send both people contact information so we can communicate directly about reaervation. This helps any issue be resolved safely, simply and quickly as opposed to relating information through a 3rd party and airbnb. Essentially, it is important I know if you are making reservations for someone else and that you provide a way for me and the guest to correspond during their stay (if need be). If an issue does come up and I have no direct access and/or guests weren't given guidebook and/or rules, you will be held responsible for any subsequent issues.
- Excuse the all caps but this is important: DO NOT TOUCH ACTUAL FIREPLACE (To turn it on use the thermostat located on the wall above desk to the right of the fireplace--right, if you are facing it).
- As a general rule of thumb, check in is after 3pm & check out is 11. It is up to guest to contact me asap on what intended check in and out times are, though I'll most likely contact you if I don't receive info within first few days of booking. However,if you need extension or early arrival time, contact me in advance and if timing doesn't conflict with another guest or Loft's cleaning schedule, I'll stay flexible & at the very least, let you leave bags in the loft before or after checking in/out.
- If you are a party of 2 or less, I do not automatically set up the sofa bed, which I automatically prepare for a 3+ reservation. If you are 1-2 people and want/need or even think you may use sofa bed please contact me and let me know. Otherwise, the sofa and its linens may not be available for sleeping.
- Optional: I know everyone has a thing or two that they are sensitive to when traveling. In an effort to avoid pet peeves, if you have them: communicate! (i.e. the loft is a renovated warehouse, prone to getting dusty and you have allergies or are sensitive to dust/pollen) Do let me know and I will definitely prioritize it. If you don't do this but end up arriving and I made a mistake in preparing space or missed something that's bothering you, please reach out and I will help walk you through a remedy or have my co-host or myself come by & fix it. Either way, I encourage my guests to communicate while I become a more experienced, intuitive host.
- In the unlikely instance that something is broken, badly stained and/or an area of space is damaged during your stay, not minor wear and tear but something that requires extensive cleaning or replacement, please communicate by phone, text or email. I'm not a jerk, but I will open a case with Airbnb immediately if I find out post-check out whereas 75% of the time if you contact me there's a better chance I can assist you in avoiding any further issues and/or arrange cleaning crew at minimal cost. I'd much rather be alerted than a guest try to cover an issue up. I do have my cleaning people take quick shots of loft before check in to make sure it's got my green light. I tend to keep those pictures until check out as a way to reference any issue that comes up.