Situated on a tranquil, elevated plot between the mountains and the sea - along the Atlantic Way. It's a short walk from a quiet beach, so secluded that it feels like a private beach. It's bright, and well lit with natural light and has an extensive view of the Sliabh Mish Mountains and Tralee Bay. The country lane outside has very little traffic - it's very quiet, the only sound being a burbling stream nearby. The large garden is fenced in, and the house also includes a gated courtyard.
The house has four bedrooms and sleeps seven. Two rooms have a double bed, one has two single beds, and another has one single bed.
The bright sun room has wall-to-ceiling windows with a stunning 180 degree view of the ever-changing light on the Sliabh Mish mountains.
A large kitchen is off the courtyard and comes fully equipped with an electric stove, fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, coffee maker and kettle.
The bright, cosy living room has a fireplace and TV. It has views of the mountains and Tralee Bay.
The house has one bathroom with a shower and tub.
It has a large garden, including a fully enclosed courtyard - ideal for small children. It has an outdoor table and chairs for al fresco dining.
The utility room is equipped with a washer and dryer.
Turn left out of the house, walk to the main road, cross to the other side. The beach is a 100 yards ahead - it is a very short drive or a 0.4Km / 0.25 mile walk.
The house is centrally located and is an ideal base to explore the Maharees, Brandon Bay, Inch Strand, the Dingle Peninsula, and Sleigh Head. A quiet beach is a short walk away. It's also close to shops, restaurants, and pubs. It has easy access to beaches, fishing, hiking, golfing, pony trekking, kayaking, surfing, kite surfing, and wind surfing. 27 km /17 miles from Tralee, and a short drive to Castlegregory, Camp, and the Maharees peninsula. Also a short drive to the Conor Pass and to 45 km/ 27 miles Dingle town.
Guests have access to the entire house except for one small cupboard and the shed.
Interaction with guests
We don't live nearby, but during the summer months a family member (usually my mother) is available. We will always respond to emails or texts.
Other things to note
The address doesn't work on GPS. Follow these directions:
1. Coming out of Tralee, go through Blennerville, and take main Tralee to Dingle/Castlegregory road.
2. Drive approximately 19.3 km/12 miles. Go past the fork to the road to Dingle on the left-hand side (stay on the main road - do not take the fork to Dingle).
3. At this point (a little beyond the fork to Dingle), there is a small crossroads, (the road to the left goes to Camp village, there is an abandoned petrol station with a blue roof to the right). Do not turn here, but continue 3.1 km /1.9 miles to another crossroads (it will be the 2nd crossroads after the Camp crossroad).
4. Take left turn at this crossroad.
5. Continue straight on road for approximately 0.8 km/0.5 mile. The road will almost immediately bend sharply to the left, and very quickly after, there is a small bridge - don’t cross over the small bridge, but follow the road as it bends to the right.
6. It's the first white bungalow on right side (after the bend at the bridge), with the fenced garden. It's the first of three houses in a row on the right.
7. Parking up driveway at the back.
8. Enter the house through the back door.
Please note: on the way out from Tralee, if you miss the turn to the house you will soon pass the Seven Hogs restaurant on your left and you will know you have gone too far. Turn around at the Seven Hogs, return the way you came, and take your very first right at the first crossroad. Then follow directions from #4.