New to Airbnb, this amazing penthouse harbourside apartment is flooded with light. Go to almost any window, & look out at the sea, at Dunbar Castle, the harbour & Bass Rock beyond. Watch the fishermen unload their catches of prawns & lobsters, & see if the resident seals are frolicking in the harbour.
At the end of your day, relax in the huge living space, with all its home comforts, & look out at the sunset & the wild expanse of the ocean beyond, perhaps with a glass of wine in hand.
Our apartment is a vast penthouse duplex at the top of a converted old industrial building right on the harbour at Dunbar, with expansive views of the sea from almost every window.
It is light and airy, with 4 bedrooms (one with a king-sized bed, one with a standard double bed, one with a small double bed, two with 2 single beds), 3 bathrooms (2 with both bath and shower, one with just a shower), 2 sitting rooms (one a family/TV room, the other the massive main living area), and a private roof terrace for alfresco dining, equipped with a table and plenty of chairs, as well as a barbecue.
There is also a yoga room for those who like to do their downward dogs and sun salutations.
We have newly furnished the apartment with simple, natural materials, and have decorated it in clean light colours - there is a lot of wood and a lot of white in evidence.
It's equipped with all mod cons, of course, but its real uniqueness is its stunning views combined with its central location in Dunbar, on Scotland's East Lothian "Golf Coast".
It's a truly wonderful situation, harbour-side, looking out at the ever-changing sea, but only 5 minutes' walk to the High Street, a mile to the nearest championship golf course, and only 10 minutes walk to the railway station, from where you can reach the capital city of Edinburgh in under half an hour.
Guest can access all parts of the apartment including the garden.
Other things to note
Should guests be interested, we also offer extra unique concierge services, usually only available in luxury hotels. Our guests are important to us and we want you to get the most out of your time in the area. Whatever you require to make your visit special, no matter how big or small, we can arrange, from private tours to organising a surprise birthday dinner. Whatever your requirements, let us make your visit to East Lothian extra special with a convenient and flexible service tailored to your specific needs.
Some services we offer:
- Babysitting and childminding service in the apartment with a qualified childminder
- Walking tours across the nearby Pentland Hills.
- Organise an evening at the Theatre
- Book a table at your favourite restaurant
- Hold your luggage for you after checkout (small cases/rucksacks or holdalls only)
- Arrange for flowers to be delivered
- Arrange for kilt hire collection/drop off for special events
- Arrange for a private chef to come to the apartment for an intimate dinner or larger dinner party
- Arrange for a make-up artist and hairdresser to come to the apartment
- Organise a champagne and canapé evening for the bride to be and her guests
- Arrange private tours with your own driver such as a whisky tour
- Arrange for a hire and drop-off/collection of any extra items you may need, such as a wheelchair.
- Personal PA services such as typing/printing documents for busy business people
Just email your requirements and let us do the rest.
To keep our apartment beautiful I'm afraid we don't allow pets or smoking within the property and we don't accept bookings for events, nor hen/stag/bachelor parties. We also have a "no shoes inside" policy. We hope you understand.
Please be considerate to our lovely neighbours and keep noise levels to a minimum in the communal stairway, plus at night and early mornings. Thank you.
Originally from the south coast of England, I have lived in Scotland for over 20 years. My partner Graham and I love the great outdoors, sport in general, golf and tennis in particular. Now that our 5 children are starting to spread their wings, we are travelling more, and enjoying food and wine (as well as sport) across the world.