The Cedar Bunkhouse is a 340 sq. ft. tiny house located in central Mill City, less than 2 blocks from a launch site on the beautiful Santiam River. Along with a cozy, fun décor and all amenities, the Bunkhouse also has an outside kitchen and dining area that seats 15. A gas fireplace on the deck and wood fire ring invites evening dinner parties. We want to make you comfortable while you kayak, raft, fish and hike, or enjoy Giovanni's Pizza and Rosie's Café 5 minutes away.
Everything on the property is open to guest use. Feel free to pick herbs from the herb boat!
Interaction with guests
I like to greet my guests and walk through the property with you and answer any questions when you arrive.
Other things to note
This house is over 100 years and was falling apart so we spent two years giving this home new life. We're happy to share it with you!
- Check in time after 4:00 PM. Check out time before 11:00 AM. Sorry No Pets / Animals. Due to many guests with allergies, The Cedar Bunkhouse is pet free unless special circumstances are present. Outside smoking only. Turn off lights and heat/air conditioning and strip sheets from used beds and pile in corner. Please start the dishwasher when leaving The Cedar Bunkhouse. If there are large pots and pan, please leave them soaking in the sink.
- This Rental Agreement and Contract (the “Agreement") is a legally binding agreement made and entered into as of the Reservation Date written above by and between the undersigned person(s) or company (the “Guest") and the undersigned owner, manager or agent (“Rental Agent"), pursuant to which the Guest has agreed to rent the residence described below (the “Property"), for the duration of the Rental Term for the Total Rental Fee and other good and valuable consideration as described herein.
- OCCUPANCY Guest agrees that no more than [ 6 ] persons shall be overnight guests during the Rental Term, all of whom shall comply with the conditions and restrictions imposed upon Guest under this Agreement. CONDITION AND USE OF PROPERTY The Property is provided in “as is" condition. Rental Agent shall use its best efforts to ensure the operation of all amenities in the Property, such as internet access, satellite or cable TV access, fireplaces as applicable. Rental Agent shall not be held responsible for such items failure to work, but will make every effort to correct any issues as reported as quickly as possible. Guest acknowledges that use of amenities such as fireplaces, gas BBQ grill, and the like may be potentially dangerous and involve potential risks if improperly used, particularly with regard to children and such use is at the Guest's own risk. Guest shall use the Property for residential purposes only and in a careful manner to prevent any damage or loss to the Property and keep the Property in clean and sanitary condition at all times. Guest and any additional permitted guests shall refrain from loud noise and shall not disturb, annoy, endanger, or inconvenience neighbors, nor shall Guest use the Property for any immoral, offensive or unlawful purposes, nor violate any law, association rules or ordinance, nor commit waste or nuisance on or about the Property.
- DEFAULT If Guest should fail to comply with the conditions and obligations of this Agreement, Guest shall surrender the Property, remove all Guest's property and belongings and leave the Property in good order and free of damage. No refund of any portion of the Total Rental Fee shall be made and if any legal action is necessary, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reimbursement from the other party for all costs incurred.
- ASSIGNMENT OR SUBLEASE Guest shall not assign or sublease the Property or permit the use of any portion of the Property to anyone. RISK OF LOSS AND INDEMNIFICATION Guest agrees that all personal property, furnishings, personal affects and other items brought into the Property by Guest or their permitted guests and visitors shall be at the sole risk of Guest with regard to any theft, damage, destruction or other loss. The Cedar Bunkhouse, Rental Agent, their agents, owners, successors, employees and contractors shall not be responsible or liable for any reason whatsoever. Guest hereby covenants and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless The Cedar Bunkhouse, Rental Agent , their agents, owners, successors, employees and contractors from and against any costs, damages, liabilities, claims, legal fees and other actions for any damages, costs, attorneys fees incurred by Guest, permitted guests, visitors or agents, representatives or successors of Guest due to any claims relating to destruction of property or injury to persons or loss of life sustained by Guest or family and visitors of Guest in or about the Property and Guest expressly agrees to save and hold The Cedar Bunkhouse or Rental Agent harmless in all such cases.
- RELEASE Guest hereby waives and releases any claims against The Cedar Bunkhouse, Rental Agent, the Property owner and their successors, assigns, employees or representatives, officially or otherwise, for any injuries or death that may be sustained by Guest on or near or adjacent to the Property, including any common facilities, activities or amenities. Guest agrees to use any such facilities or amenities entirely at the Guest's own initiative, risk and responsibility.
- ENTRY AND INSPECTION Owner reserves the right to enter the Property at reasonable times and with reasonable advance notice for the purposes of inspecting the Property or showing the Property to prospective purchasers, renters or other authorized persons. If Rental Agent or Owner has a reasonable belief that there is imminent danger to any person or property, Rental Owner and or Rental Agent may enter the Property without advance notice.
- UNAVAILABILITY OF PROPERTY In the event the Property is not available for use during the Rental Term due to reasons, events or circumstances beyond the control of The Cedar Bunkhouse, Rental Agent will apply due diligence and good faith efforts to locate a replacement property that equals or exceeds the Property with respect to occupancy capacity, location and value that meets the reasonable satisfaction of the Guest. If such replacement property cannot be found and made available, Rental Agent shall immediately return all payments made by the Guest, whereupon this Agreement shall be terminated and Guest, The Cedar Bunkhouse and Rental Agent shall have no further obligations or liabilities in any manner pertaining to this Agreement. ADDITIONAL TERMS TO THE RENTAL AGREEMENT In addition to the standard terms included herein, Guest acknowledges and agrees that the following additional terms and conditions apply to the Guest's rental of the Property:
- GENERAL PROVISIONS This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties with regard to the rental of the Property, and any changes, amendments or modifications hereof shall be void unless the same are in writing and signed by both the Guest, The Cedar Bunkhouse and or Rental Agent. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Oregon. The words “Rental Agent" and “Guest" shall include their respective heirs, successors, representatives. The waiver or failure to enforce any breach or provision of this Agreement shall not be considered a waiver of that or any other provision in any subsequent breach thereof. If any provision herein is held invalid, the remainder of the Agreement shall not be affected. Any notice required to be given under this Agreement shall be in writing and sent to the contact information included herein. This Agreement may be signed in one or more counterparts, each of which is an original, but taken together constitute one in the same instrument. Execution of a digital signature or confirmed booking shall be deemed a valid agreement and Contract.