Casa Risa is a two bedroom home nestled in the South part of town near hidden beaches, yet only an 8 minute walk (no hills) to Sayulita Plaza and 10 minutes to Sayulita Beach. Perfectly situated so everything is walkable but far enough away from the late night sounds of town.
The Casa has a tranquil beach vibe and offers an open floor plan with high arched ceilings. Risa also has a covered patio surrounded by a garden where you can lounge in a hammock. The living room has 3 large built-in sofas to cuddle up on and watch Netflix when you are not at the beach or touring around town. The bathroom boasts a beautiful walk-in stone shower that is just heaven after a long beach day. The bedrooms are equipped with AC, plenty of closet space, and unlike the rock-hard beds found throughout Mexico, these memory foam mattresses are a dream to sleep on.
Casa Risa comes with free WiFi, a full kitchen, AC in the bedrooms and ceiling fans throughout, 100% cotton sheets, quilts and towels, TV with Netflix, Logitech speaker dock, bottled drinking water, kitchen supplies and a few other touches to make your stay enjoyable. We also provide beach towels, boogie boards, and a beach umbrella.
Casa de Risa means “House of Laughter” and we hope that you will create many joyful memories during your stay with us in magical Sayulita.
The entire house downstairs (Casa Risa) as well as the front covered patio is available for use. Please respect the backyard and upstairs unit's privacy (Casa Alegria).
Interaction with guests
Ali and I live in Casa Alegria (the upstairs unit). We are are very careful to respect your privacy; however, we are available for questions should you have any. If we are not onsite, the Casa comes with a Welcome Book which offers recommendations, answers many questions you may have, as well as provides maps and emergency contact information. We also have a property manager on-call when we are away.
Other things to note
While you never know what sounds to expect in a small Mexican town, from chattering hens laying their eggs to a neighbor throwing a fiesta for his daughter’s Quinceanera, you will find less late-night noises than rentals situated near the plaza and will likely wake up to the sound of birds. The key to Mexico is to be open minded, flexible, and find the humor in the imperfect perfection of Sayulita.
- No parties, events or outside guests. We ask you to respect this rule as it serves for both your safety, house security, and respect of our neighbors.
- Quiet times are from 11pm to 9am.
- Guests are to keep the front gate locked at all times and lock the house up at night and when away. It is also important that guest scramble the code on the lockbox and close the lid each time they use it. The hosts are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guests. Use common street sense. Don’t advertise your valuables such as cell phones, iPads, or computers. Hide them or lock them up. It is your responsibility.
- Guests are asked to respect the furnishings and supplies. Damage will be taken out of the security deposit.
- The back door is not an exit. Please respect the privacy of the upstairs unit and back yard.
- Smoking in the house is not allowed.
- Well-behaved pets may be considered. However, they must be cleaned up after and any property items damaged by pets will be taken out of the deposit.
- Please do not run the AC units if no one is present or with the doors or windows open.
- Due to the humid climate, please keep all of the fans at least on low for air flow.
- The hosts are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities.
- Parking on the road is permitted as long as it does not disrupt the flow of traffic. While we have never had any problems in this neighborhood, guests take full responsibility for any damage or theft.
- Housekeeping is provided every 3-4 days if you are staying for a week or longer. If you wish to have housekeeping more often, please let the host know as it can be provided at an additional cost.
- Housekeeping will dispose of trash every 3-4 days if you are staying for a week or longer. If you need to dispose of trash or recycling more often, please place it in the designated receptacle near the driveway.
- DO NOT FLUSH ANY PAPER PRODUCTS DOWN THE TOILET AND THAT INCLUDES TOILET PAPER! Toilet paper must go into the trash can. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime.
- The gate and doors will automatically lock behind you. Be certain to leave a key in the lock box on the gate so that you will not have an issue.
Hola, we are Leah and Ali. Originally from the San Francisco Bay Area, we fell in love with the magic of Sayulita and wanted to make it our home away from home. We enjoy traveling, spending time in nature, cooking delicious and healthy food, yoga and meditation, running and hiking, swimming, and having drinks with friends. We look forward to hosting you here in beautiful Sayulita.