Access the best of the city in minutes! Perfect for business, leisure, or both. Spacious, newly furnished basement suite in quiet neighborhood with private entry + large deck overlooking fenced-in yard, free parking and a quick 10-15 minute drive away from luxury shopping, fine dining, exciting nightlife, and top attractions (GA Aquarium, World of Coca Cola, CNN Studios, etc.). We're extra motivated to start hosting great people. Email me today to work out a deal for your budget.
The 60-Second Highlights
- Spacious basement suite with private entry/exit, private bedroom, private bathtub w/ shower, living room, study room (PLENTY of room)
- Central Heat and A/C with privately-controlled thermostat (adjust it or even program it to your liking)
- Large deck overlooking fenced-in yard (perfect for sipping wine or coffee while watching the sunrise or sunset - who knows, you might even catch a herd of deer trotting along the creek!)
- Sleeps up to 4 people (2 adults + 2 kids, or 3 adults) - bring the kids along!
- Oversized Full mattress in bedroom and sleeper sofa in study room
- Super easy 10-15 minute drive down I-85 South to get to anywhere you need (Midtown, Buckhead, Downtown, etc) to access luxury shopping, fine dining, exciting nightlife, and top tourist attractions
- 10 minute drive to Emory University, CDC, and Virginia Highland area
- 42" TV with Roku (Netflix, Sling, Amazon Prime accounts)
- Cozy fireplace (easy on/off switch)
- Dog-friendly - my girlfriend and I both adore pets so you'll have the large fenced-in yard all to yourselves (that way you can safely leave them here while exploring the city!)
- Free high-speed WiFi
- Free street parking at your doorstep
- Personally curated Activity Planner with nearby attractions, historical facts, and personal recommendations for the best bars/nightlife, restaurants by cuisine, and shopping by tastes (and also which tourist traps really aren't worth it)
- 2x electric stove burner (best suited for light cooking - pasta, noodles, soups, breakfast, etc.)
- Plates, silverware, glasses, refrigerator, and microwave so you can get some groceries and/or order takeout/delivery and eat it comfortably
- Please note we DO NOT have a sink but offer complimentary daily dishwashing service (just leave your dishes at the door)
Save Hundreds of Dollars and Get 2-3x the Space Compared to Downtown AirBnb Listings and Hotels
- Save hundreds of dollars compared to staying at other AirBnb rentals in the city (with average rates of $125 - $150 or more per night) and even more at a downtown hotel (average rates of $200 or more per night)
- If you prefer staying in the middle of the city and walking to nearby attractions, then we're not a good fit for you...however, if you'd rather get out of the hustle and bustle and into a serene, peaceful setting in a quiet neighborhood while STILL being only a quick drive away from it all, then you're in for a treat!
Stay With a Friendly, Quiet Couple Who Actually Cares About Your Experience
- We tend to keep to ourselves but are just a quick knock away so if you need anything (more water, a snack, or even a beer) or simply want some advice, we got your back
- This is an important income stream for us that allows me to work from home - so we're both committed to make sure you LOVE your stay (and leave us 5 star reviews :))
- We'll go the extra mile for you to be the best host you've ever had - need an early checkin? A place to store your luggage? Someone to watch your dogs? Check, check, and check.
Centrally Located to Everything You Need (and Then Some)
- Walking distance to a grocery store (Krogers) and McDonalds
- 2-3 minute drive from more grocery stores, CVS, Walgreens, dry cleaners, gas stations, fast food, and more
- 5 minute drive from a major ethnic food area with unique, highly-rated Asian cuisine (Buford Highway - mostly known for Mexican, Chinese, and Vietnamese food with a little bit of Korean BBQ)
- 5 minute drive from a new, trendy area called Brookhaven (newer restaurants, bars, movie theatres, gyms, and trendy shops)
- 10-15 minutes away from fine dining, luxury shopping and all major attractions in Midtown, Buckhead, and Downtown
Who We're Perfect For
- Solo travelers
- Business professionals
- Small families (up to 2 kids)
- You want convenient access to everything Atlanta has to offer, but don't want to pay the excessively high prices for staying in Downtown, Midtown, or Buckhead
- You have a well-socialized dog (or two) and need a pet-friendly place that has a spacious, fenced-in yard so they can run around and hang out in without your constant supervision
- You want a spacious location that isn't just a studio bedroom or tiny 1 bedroom
- You want be in a nature-friendly, scenic, and peaceful setting that allows you to relax and sip your wine/coffee, read your favorite books, have great conversations, and re-connect with your inner self
Nearby Attractions Within 10-15 Minutes Driving Distance
(Note: once you arrive please use our Curated Activity Planner to get all the juicy "local" opinions about each of these places)
- Georgia Aquarium
- Fox Theatre
- Emory University
- Martin Luther King Jr National Historic Site
- Piedmont Park
- High Museum of Art
- Turner Field
- College Football Hall of Fame
- World of Coca Cola
- CNN Studios
- Zoo Atlanta
- Philips Arena
- Georgia Dome
- Georgia World Congress Center
All The Amenities You Need, Want, and Deserve
- 48" TV with Roku (Paid Netflix + Sling Accounts)
- 2x Electric stoves (for light cooking)
- Electric kettle
- Filtered water
- Large and small plates
- Drinking glasses
- Wine glasses
- Coffee mugs
- Various kitchen appliances
- Starbucks Instant Coffee Packs (Assorted)
- Tazo Tea Packs (Assorted)
- Iron + Ironing Board
- Extra towels, sheets, toilet paper, and paper towels
- Washer/Dryer (shared space so please let us know ahead of time)
Things You Should Know Before Booking
- This is the basement suite of our home so please be considerate about noise, cleanliness, etc.
- No guests are allowed without prior approval - I work from home so it's important that to know who is in my house at all times
- We have 2x Electric Stoves that are best suited for light cooking (noodles, soups, rice, pasta, breakfast, etc.)
- This basement suite does not have a sink. However, we do offer free daily dishwasing services (see below)
- If you have used all of the plates, silverware, or glasses/mugs, and need to wash them, please put them in the dishwasher drying rack. Leave them at the top of the stairs and we'll wash them once a day (usually evening time) and return them to the same spot either the same night or first thing the next morning.
- If you do need to use our kitchen for heavy cooking, we'll be happy to let you use the space plus appliances (cooking utensils, silverware, plates, cups, glasses, etc.) as long as you provide at least 24 hours notice.
- Same goes for using our Washer/Dryer - please give us 24 hour notice
- We're friendly and love to meet new people - if you're bored and want to chat over drinks/coffee or just need some advice/recommendations on local attractions, all you have to do is ask!
- If you're bringing a dog or two, please ensure they are well-socialized and friendly towards other dogs. We'll keep our dog out of your way but ideally they would be able to at least get along for a few minute each day in the backyard.
Email Me Today and Let's Figure Out Something That Works For Your Budget
Since this is I’m always looking forward to hosting great people. Email me to see if we can work out a deal for your budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can you accommodate early check-ins?
A: Generally yes but please me know in advance. If you need a place to put your bags down, you can do so on your private deck.
Q: Does your place include parking?
A: Yes there is plenty of street parking.
Q: Is there a washing machine? Or laundry room?
A: Yes! There is one on the upstairs bedroom level for your use as long as my girlfriend or myself are at home and you tell us in advance.
Q: Do you include bedding / sheets / pillows for the pull out couch?
A: Yes, a full set of bedding is included if you want to use the pull out couch.
Q: Can I leave my bags in the apartment during cleaning if I have a later flight?
A: Sorry that is not possible.
Q: Can we check out late?
A: Sorry, probably not. We usually have a very tight schedule and the cleaners are scheduled to come right around check out time (noon).
Washer/Dryer - you can access as long as you give us a heads up and one of us is home during the time you use it
Interaction with guests
We're a friendly, quiet couple that stays on the main and upper floors. How much you decide to interact with us is completely up to you. We'll stay out of your way and leave you alone by default but if you do want to come upstairs to chat and chill we're usually open to it. With your private entry/exit there is no need to interact with us if you prefer not to.
Other things to note
Please treat your stay as a guest in our home because, well, it IS our home. Be considerate of noise and cleanliness. We try to go the extra mile for all of our guests and all we ask is some consideration in return. With that being said, if there is ANYTHING we can do to improve your experience or would prevent you from leaving a 5-star review, I would request you let us know during your stay so we can make it up to you immediately.'
This basement suite does not have a sink. However, we do offer a free daily dishwashing service and also have plates, silverware, glasses, refrigerator, and microwave so you can easily order takeout/delivery and eat it in the comfort of your home.
Only properly socialized, well-behaved dogs are allowed. No excessive barking and no running around in the house. When you leave the house the dog must be with you or kenneled - no exceptions. Pets can not be left unattended on the deck or in the backyard and you must pick up after them. You will be held responsible for any damage done by your pet.
- Quiet hours between 11PM - 7AM
- No overnight guests
- Park anywhere you like around the street but please don't block any driveways.
- Well-behaved dogs are welcome with permission. No excessive barking and no running around in the house. When you leave the house the dog must be with you or kenneled - no exceptions. Pets can not be left unattended on the deck or in the backyard and you must pick up after them. No excessive barking and no running around in the house. When you leave the house the dog must be with you or kenneled - no exceptions. Pets can not be left unattended on the deck or in the backyard and you must pick up after them. Bowls, toys, towels, and stain remover are provided in the storage closet just outside the bedroom - please clean up after any accidents. Guests will be held responsible for any damage done by your pet.
Hey I'm Aaron!
I'm 31 and live with my girlfriend Marikit and our 2 year old Pomsky (Pomeranian-Husky mix) named Kyra. We have quite a large house in Atlanta about 10 minutes away from Buckhead/Midtown/Downtown and decided to rent out the spacious basement suite to help pay for our own adventures (we just got back from island hopping across the Philippines in March!).
Between the two of us we've been in Atlanta for over 10 years and know all the hotspots as we used to live right in the middle of it all - the best restaurants, nightclubs, bars, lounges, malls/shops, fun activities, tourist traps to avoid, etc..
We're a friendly, laid-back couple that loves to show visitors around and will be happy to give you all local "insider" tips you can handle so you can get the most out of your trip to our wonderful city!
Besides hosting awesome AirBnb peeps, we tend to enjoy quiet nights in watching sports (OK fine, that's just me), movies, and playing with our furry rascal Kyra.
Thanks for checking out our place and please feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions about our place - we love helping each visitor experience this amazing city just like a local.