Tranquility and serenity, or adventure playground, Tui Bach is the haven for you. Make your stay at Tui Bach your next holiday dream; including 5 generous bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and is conveniently positioned just a stone throw away from the lake. Enjoy relaxing in the lounge bar or deck sofa on your front porch while taking in the glorious vistas of the tuis’, the lake and the surrounding forest after a day of boating, walks, swimming, kayaking or simply the solitude of fishing for rainbow trout
Tui bach is situated in Otatutu Bay 5 minutes off State Highway 30 on idyllic Lake Rotoehu, being north facing with lake views in a quiet col-de-sac. The home has everything you need and more to have a fun and relaxing holiday with family and friends. The boat ramp located only a 1-2 minute walk away with kayaks, paddleboards and trout fishing services offered (subject to availability).
This is a relaxed family home elegantly furnished for your family comfort. All rooms have flat screen TV's with Freeview and cable, opulent lights, beds and linen. These provide total luxury so you can experience the comfort and support that your body craves and deserves while taking a break. Linen supplied is made in Italy from the softest 100% combed pure cotton percale, 800 thread count. Silk filled duvets which provide warm in winter and cool in summer, these duvet inners drape softly over your body for the ultimate sleep experience. Pillows are a divine silk filled which gently cradle your head allowing you to breathe easier and keep your head cool. Filled with hand stretched layers of grade A mulberry silk floss wrapped around a polyfibre core. Towels are also of a high quality. Full laundry on site.
For shopping and other activities a 30 minute drive takes you to the heart of Rotoura which boasts numerous tourist attractions. For a family dinner Pig and Whistle Bar is highly recommended and Fat Dog is a great option for lunch. There is also a food lane called Eat Street which boasts numerous restaurants.
We have two homes situated across the road from each other which are perfect for joint family holidays – see Kereru Lodge listing.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
• Bedroom 1 – Master: Super king master with walk in wardrobe, private deck with outdoor bed, 30″ TV and access to shared bathroom.
• Bedroom 2: Queen bedroom with 43" TV.
• Bedroom 3: Queen bedroom with 43" TV.
• Bedroom 4: Bedroom with 1 x queen, 2 x king singles, 1 x single trundler and 55″ TV with gaming console.
• Bedroom 5: King bedroom, 43" TV and available with Rimu Touchwood cot adjustable from infant to toddler with a brand new inner sprung mattress.
• Bathroom 1: Shower, heated towel rail and toilet.
• Bathroom 2: Shower, heated towel rail and free standing claw bath, separate toilet.
Kitchen, Lounge and Living Rooms
• Fully-equipped kitchen.
• Standalone electric oven with gas hobs.
• Additional wood aga oven.
• Standalone entertainment Bar.
• Sound speaker system with aux cable or bluetooth.
• 55″ TV with cable.
• Wood burner fire with wood supplied.
• Gaming console with games included.
• Fully-equipped laundry.
• 10 seater outdoor table.
• Fish station.
• Outdoor lounge suite and 2 x lounge seats.
• Off street parking for 7 plus vehicles.
• Off street boat parking *no access to triple garage as locked for owner.
Interaction with guests
We live nearby so are available for help if required,
usually only a phone call away.
Other things to note
The lodge has the Otautu Bay boat ramp less than a minute drive from the property. The Lodge includes an on the water separate boat shed available on request. $100 one off fee for access (one off per stays of 1-7 days).
- We ask you to be respectful of neighbours.
- No shoes in the house.
- Guest(s) making a booking must be over 25 years of age.
- Please report any breakages to the Property Manager immediately.
- Minimum night stay of 2 nights all year around, 3 nights over statutory long weekends and 4 nights at Easter.
- You are expected to leave the property in a clean state. Excessively littered and/or dirty conditions at departure will result in extended housekeeping hours being charged. This may include carpet cleaning or excessive rubbish removal for example. Any incurred charges such as dry cleaning or replacement of chattels may be on charged directly to customer.
- Tui Bach is for a maximum of 12 guests. We reserve the right to refuse booking if this is breached.
- Tui Bach is a residential dwelling and no parties or events are to be held without prior consent from the owners or Property Manager.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside Tui Bach.
- Consumption or smoking of drugs including synthetic drugs is expressly prohibited and will result in eviction and will be reported to the police.
- Loss of house keys and/or garage remote will incur a charge.
- Tui Bach or its owners accept no responsibility for any loss/damage or injury to guests or their property and we recommend you to arrange your own travel insurance prior to your stay.
- Whilst the owners strive to maintain all facilities and appliances in full working order, in the event of any malfunction, we will do our best to rectify the problem as soon as possible.
- Local phone calls are free of charge.
- Compulsory midweek clean for stays over 8 nights at $140.
- Please be respectful of all neighbours with regard to noise and use of the property.
- We supply a handbook with Rules & Regulations that apply to Tui Bach on your arrival which outline the running of the house. We ask you read through this once you are settled in to familiarise yourself with rubbish rules etc.