You will have a private room in a house that has sound proof construction. There is a full bath that is shared with one other room and a kitchen right outside your bedroom door with coffee, tea and hot coco provided. There is a coffeemaker, refrigerator, freezer and a microwave oven for your use. A hot plate is also under the sink in the kitchen. A hair dryer and soap is also provided. I probably have everything you need so if you forget something let me know. There is high speed internet and a cable TV in the room (including HBO and Showtime).
This is a great location for your visit to DC. You will be 2 miles from a metro station and I will take you to the station if you can leave by 8 AM. You can also walk to a bus stop that will take you to a station. It is 1/4 mile walk. The house is 6 miles from DC. The room is furnished with all new furniture and great new Queen size bed.
Sheets and towels are provided and the the room is cleaned and sheets and towels changed twice a week. The house is handicap accessible. In addition to being on one floor, ramps are provided to get into the house and there are rails in the bathroom. There is a gluten free option for breakfast. Ample free parking is provided that is close to the front door.
The house is large and placed on an acre of land inside the DC Beltway. It is located in a great safe neighborhood where you can go for walks/bike rides. We have foxes, deer, beaver, and lots of birds and chipmunks. Come stay in an upscale (house valued at one mill) in a safe lake community.
1. No smoking in the house or near the doors of the house.
2. Clean up after yourself and leave leftovers you are not taking with you on the counter in the main kitchen so I know they don’t belong to someone else.
3. Please strip the bed when you leave and leave used towels and sheets on the rug in the room.
4. Clean the kitchen area and hand wash your dishes before you leave. You may use the main kitchen also but still clean up after yourself.
5. You share the hallway with another guest. The rooms are relatively soundproof since the walls are cinder block but the doors to the hallway let the sound in. Please be as quiet as you can be in the hallway and bathroom, when the bathroom door is open.
6. It is best to think of any time after 11 PM and before 8 AM as "quiet time."
7 Check out is 11 AM but I'm flexible on that. I am also flexibly on the 3 PM check in time. However, please let me know when you leave at the end of your stay. I have waited for hours to see if the room is empty when I could have cleaned and gone on with me day.
8. If you have any problems during your stay I am very easy to reach by phone or text. Please tell me a problem so I can fix it rather than put a negative comment in your review. However, please be aware that this is my home, not a 5 star hotel. You are my guest and I will do everything I can to have to have a great stay but the house was built in the 1950's and, although there have been many updates, it is still a 1950's house.
9. I have dogs and cats and a giant rabbit. I also allow people to rent with their pets, since I know how hard it is to find places where you can bring a pet. If you are afraid of dogs, just text me with your comings and goings and you will never see a dog. They go to work with me 4 days a week since they are trained therapy dogs but when I'm home they are home with me. If you have severe pet allergies this is not the best place for you,.