Lakeside ground level efficiency, great views of lake, private entrance/parking, quiet, peaceful, 2 bedrooms/TVs (DirectTVNow/Amz Prime), kitchenette w/microwave, toaster oven, coffeemaker (inc. coffee, tea and condiments etc.), griddle, frig.,sink; ceiling fans, AC, windows, good light, pool table, parking, canoe, great fishing, grill, private covered outdoor patio w/ table & chairs. Near Water's Edge Resort, colleges, outlets, beaches, towns, parks, restaurants, cultural venues; close to I95.
Apartment is in the private lower ground level of modern home, lots of windows, gorgeous lakeviews with amazing wildlife and trees. Fantastic fishing! Living room with TV, couch, comfortable chairs and board games on book shelves. 2 beautifully appointed bedrooms (one with TV) and each with queen bed, closet, alarm clocks, and antique furnishings. One bedroom with TV and living room has another TV with couch (can be used as double sofabed) and comfortable chairs. 8' slate pool table. Treadmill access. Fully appointed bathroom. Kitchenette has all amenities including medium fridge, coffeemaker, toaster oven, microwave, griddle, sink and utensils, glasses, dishes, mugs, etc. Coffee, tea, condiments etc. provided. No stove available. Outdoor private grill (charcoal and tools provided), canoe and life preservers, private outdoor furniture/tables & chairs on backyard covered patio for your use. Also enjoy swing under deck. Please be respectful of neighbors' privacy and quiet peaceful setting in this neighborhood.
Guests access apartment through private entrance in rear of home past entrance to our private upper deck. Keys provided for access. Plenty of parking in area in marked spaces on blacktop above garage. Dock and lake access with full use of canoe and life preservers.
Interaction with guests
We are always available by cell phone, email, or in person since we live in the upper part of the home. We respect your privacy but are available in person or by text or cell phone if needed. We are happy to provide recommendations for restaurants, activities, directions, etc. and also make that all available in writing in our welcome booklet. We want you to have a private, relaxing, fun and safe stay. We are fine with none, little, or much interaction with guests. Up to guests!
We keep the french doors locked and never come downstairs unless you contact us to do so for a particular reason.
Sometimes our small, non-allergenic therapy schnoodle dog Pepper will be outside running after squirrels, chipmunks or rabbits and may give you a doggie "Hi" if you are out. She is very friendly and will typically run back up the deck steps after greeting you.
If you wish to have little to no interaction with her, please let us know and we will keep her indoors or on leash outside. Any preferences are respected.
Other things to note
We ONLY rent to folks who are 21 and older!
Great location to stay for college visits/graduations (Yale, Wesleyan, Mitchell, etc.) and camps!
We have gorgeous fall foliage in our area.
Please note our PRICE REDUCTION FOR OCT AND NOV.
Please LEAVE KEY(S) on Bar and TEXT OR EMAIL us that you are checking out of property and please lock door behind you. Thanks so much!
If you go out at night before dark probably good to turn on at least 1 outside light (just inside exit door to left) so you have light at the door when you return in the dark. (Lights will automatically be on where you park car and down path to the apartment.)
**Please TURN OFF BATHROOM FAN when bathroom is not in use.
If you take a walk in the neighborhood, there may be a neighbor's dog or two that are not leashed and will come to greet you.. but no worries, they are friendly.
We have a house generator so if there is a storm or inclement weather that causes an electricity failure... the lights might blink and go off for about 30 seconds but everything will then kick on again within a few seconds.
There are extra blankets in the bedroom closets and extra towels and amenities in the bathroom closet. Feel free to use those if you need to do so. No need to remake beds when you leave and ok to leave used towels on floor in bathroom.
Remember to double check that you remember to take your phone chargers and other personal items before checking out.
Please read ALL 10 rules for staying with us and if you are comfortable adhering to all of them, feel free to book!
1. --The primary guest who books MUST BE 21 or older (no exceptions).
2. --Since we are non smokers with allergies, our guests may NOT smoke anywhere in the house OR on the surrounding property outside.
3. --We have a 15 pound very friendly non-shedding Schnoodle named Pepper on the property. (She is a friendly loving therapy dog for people with allergies!). Please let us know before or at check in if you prefer to have no contact with Pepper (she sometimes says a friendly hello if you are outside but we will not allow her to greet you if you do not want contact).
4. --We need to know WHO is staying in the apartment (all names and affiliations with booking guest's first message to us please) and would appreciate your emailing us that information before you arrive. If you have small children, we can provide some equipment if you ask.. so feel free to do so.
5. --Our home is in an exclusive development and we ask that guests refrain from playing loud music or making loud noise that might impact the peace and quiet of the neighborhood. If asked by neighbors who you are, please respond ONLY that you are friends of Mark and Susan.
6. --We expect guests to treat our residence with respect as they would in their own home. We appreciate your leaving the apartment as you found it when you arrived, however NO need to remake beds! Towels can be left on bathroom floor. Please check to make sure you have all your plug-ins before you leave.
7. --Please leave key on bar and lock door behind you. Then appreciate a text that you are on your way out.
8. --We are energy conscious so we would appreciate it if you please TURN OFF ALL LIGHTS AND /OR AC when NOT IN HOUSE to save on electricity.
9.--When you are ready to turn in for the night, please TURN OFF all OUTSIDE lights. Solar outside lights will remain on for safety.
10. --Please wear life preservers when canoeing on lake and make sure canoe is secured upon returning it to dock. Paddles located under canoe. Please make sure life preservers are back in red can and it is securely fastened so no critters can get in!