8 guests · 4 bedrooms · 4 bathrooms
Parquet floors and satiny wallpaper lend French-inspired elegance to the handmade brick walls of this restored barn in the English countryside. Built in 1825 as part of a model farm on a larger estate, the stables were recently restored to become a comfortably open-concept retreat. The villa sits on the 150-acre grounds of Fairoaks, nestled into the rolling Malvern Hills, 2 miles from the pub.
Set out on a walk around the grounds; take out the football, cricket, and croquet equipment; and pop in to the shared indoor pool for a swim beneath its barn-inspired wood paneling. The villa has its own private garden for sunny mornings and comes stocked with logs for the log burner for cooler evenings.
True to their 19th-century heritage, the stables boast a range of traditional elements, from parquet floors and exposed ceiling beams to handcrafted brick walls. But they also have a few welcome contemporary touches, such as floor-to-ceiling windows giving onto pastoral views and an open-plan layout that encompasses living area, dining area, and fully equipped kitchen.
The villa makes an ideal base for walks in the Malvern Hills, home to some of the oldest rocks in England, followed by dinners at the pub 2 miles away. The town of Ledbury, 5 miles away, has a great biweekly market, and Cheltenham, 20 miles away, hosts a renowned literary festival. Take a day trip to the quaint villages of the Cotswolds.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed (can be converted to 2 twin size beds), Open-plan ensuite bathroom with bathtub, Dual vanity, Juliet balcony, View of countryside
- Bedroom 2: King size bed (can be converted to 2 twin size beds), Open plan ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, View of countryside
- Bedroom 3: King size bed (can be converted to 2 twin size beds), Jack & Jill bathroom shared with hallway, Stand-alone rain shower, Courtyard view
- Bedroom 4: King size bed (can be converted to 2 twin size beds), Shared access to hallway bathroom, Stand-alone rain shower, Television, Desk, View of countryside
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Formal dining area with seating for 12
- Wood-burning fireplace
- Satellite television
- DVD player
- DVD library
- Integrated sound system
- Radiant floor heating
- Iron/Ironing board
- Sun loungers
- Outdoor living space
STAFF & SERVICES
Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfers
- Activities and excursions
SHARED ACCESS TO AMENITIES AT THE FAIROAKS ESTATE
- Pool house
- Indoor swimming pool - heating included
- Fire pit
- Driveway parking - 3 spaces
Points of Interest:
- 3.1 miles to Eastnor Castle
- 5 miles to Ledbury
- 17.5 miles to Ross-on-Wye
- 18 miles to Malvern Hills
- 18.5 miles Gloucester
- 20 miles to Cheltenham
- 36 miles to Cotswolds
- 52 miles to Blenheim Palace
- 58 miles to University of Oxford
- 59 miles to Pitt Rivers Museum
- 60 miles to Oxford Walking Tours
- 61 miles to Oxford Botanical Gardens
- 86 miles to Stonehenge
- 132 miles to London
- 50.3 miles to Birmingham Airport (BHX)
- 116 miles to Southampton Airport (SOU)
- 118 miles to Heathrow Airport (LHR)
- 140 miles to Bournemouth Airport (BOH)
- 146 miles to Gatwick Airport (LGW)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
+ 1 more
Herefordshire, United Kingdom
63 min drive
137 min drive
London Heathrow Airport
141 min drive
162 min drive
180 min drive
Points of Interest
7 min drive
15 min drive
25 min drive
26 min drive
39 min drive
50 min drive
68 min drive
76 min drive
97 min drive
University of Oxford
100 min drive
Pitt Rivers Museum
104 min drive
Oxford Walking Tours
106 min drive
University of Oxford Botanic Garden
107 min drive
128 min drive
178 min drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.