Casa da Comporta
10 guests · 5 bedrooms · 5 bathrooms
Swim in the ocean at Praia do Pego and return on foot to alfresco meals and poolside relaxation at this modernist gem. Featuring unique architectural design and a superb collection of artefacts from around the world, this private home offers a unique experience of one of Portugal’s best-kept secrets: Comporta and the superb beaches stretching to its south.
Secluded on a lush and ample estate, the villa harmonizes gracefully with the seaside landscape. Luminous interiors flow out to multiple patios and decks, including a swimming pool surrounded by sun-kissed lounge chairs. Utilize the gourmet kitchen and outdoor grill to conjure up traditional Portuguese feasts, and savor a bottle of local wine on the rooftop terrace with views of the ocean and Arrábida National Park. The unique decor pays homage to the country’s maritime character and adventurous spirit, with objects hailing from Bali, Brazil, North Africa, Mexico, and beyond.
Although situated just south of Lisbon, Comporta has maintained a pristine, off-the-beaten path character, with well-protected beaches and large private estates. This combination has proved attractive to certain famous and well-heeled travelers seeking utter tranquility and some of the finest beaches and restaurants in Europe. In addition to Pego Beach down the road, the villa is a short drive from family-friendly Carvalhal Beach. Among the top-flight restaurants in Comporta town, the must-try spot for traditional fare is the Museu do Arroz.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1- Master: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower and tub, Safe, Heated floors, Direct access to terrace
- Bedroom 2: 2 Twin size beds (can be converted to a queen), Access to shared hallway bathroom with bedroom 3, Stand-alone rain shower, Heated floors, Direct access to garden
- Bedroom 3: 2 Twin size beds (can be converted to a queen), Access to shared hallway bathroom with bedroom 2, Stand-alone rain shower, Heated floors, Direct access to garden
- Bedroom 4: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Safe, Heated floors, Direct access to courtyard
- Bedroom 5 - Nanny room: Double size bed, Access to hallway bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Heated floors, Direct access to courtyard
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully-equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Formal dining area with seating for 8
- Cable television
- Wood burning fireplace
- Central heating
- Heated floors - heating included from November to March
- Iron/Ironing board
- Motion sensors
- Swimming pool - heating at extra cost
- Alfresco dining with seating for 10
- Rooftop terrace
- Sun loungers
- Charcoal barbecue
STAFF & SERVICES
- Housekeeping - Monday to Friday, 2 hours/day
- Welcome basket with bottled water, wine, fresh fruit, local cheese, milk, coffee, tea, bread, olives and barbecue charcoal
Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- Chef service
- Bike rental
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfers
- Babysitting services
- Activities and excursions
Points of Interest:
- 4 minute drive to Lagoa Formosa
- 7 minute drive to Carvalhal
- 15 km to Comporta
- 27 km to Grandola
- 44 km to Alcacer do Sal
- 133 km to Lisbon
- 5 minute walk to Pego Beach
- 6 minute drive to Carvalhal Beach
- 15.8 km to Comporta Beach
- 29 km to Aberta Nova Beach
- 130 km to Lisbon Portela Airport (LIS)
2 bunk beds
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
+ 3 more
Lisbon Portela Airport (LIS)
83 min drive
6 min drive
17 min drive
Aberta Nova Beach
32 min drive
Points of Interest
3 min drive
16 min drive
25 min drive
Alcacer do Sal
37 min drive
92 min drive
123 min drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.