The Point Villa Ngahere
6 guests · 3 bedrooms · 3 bathrooms
Nothing but bushland surrounds this wonderfully private villa on the shores of Lake Taupo. Watch the sun move across the mountains and water from the shade of the pergola on the terrace or beneath the vaulted ceiling of the open-concept great room. Hike to the footbridge over the roaring Huka Falls, cycle the nearby Great Lake Trail, or fish for trout—the only way to taste this local specialty.
You’ll have to decide whether the views of Mine Bay are best from the swimming pool, hot tub, or the outdoor lounging and dining areas. If you’re lucky enough to have caught a local trout, try preparing it on the barbecue (or call a restaurant in Taupo to do the job). After a day out on the lake or in the mountains, the smart TV, Wi-Fi, and gas fireplace are ready to help you unwind.
Fold-away glass walls make the great room feel like an extension of the sunny terrace. Here, you can stretch out on a wicker sofa, whip up something delicious in the fully equipped kitchen, or relive the day’s adventures with friends and family around a dining table for 8, all under a vaulted ceiling that makes the space bright and airy.
Each of the 3 bedrooms at this luxury vacation rental has a king bed and en-suite bathroom; 2 of them have lake views and one opens directly to the terrace with the hot tub, for couples who might want to relive their honeymoon.
The Point Villa Ngahere offers a quintessential New Zealand holiday, with gorgeous scenery, outdoor adventure and great food all close at hand. It’s a 1-minute drive to the Taupo Maori Carving, which can also be seen from the water on a kayak tour, and a short drive to both the brilliant blue waters of Huka Falls and the town of Taupo.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed (can be converted to two twins), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower and bathtub, Walk-in closet, Private terrace, View of Lake Taupo and Mine Bay
- Bedroom 2: King size bed (can be converted to two twins), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Dual vanity, Walk-in closet, Television, View of Lake Taupo and Mine Bay
- Bedroom 3: King size bed (can be converted to two twins), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower and bathtub, Direct access to terrace with hot tub
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Formal dining area with seating for 8
- Espresso machine
- Gas Fireplace
- Smart TV
- Sound system
- Air conditioning
- Heating system
- View of Lake Taupo and Mine Bay
- Swimming pool
- Hot tub
- Alfresco dining with seating for 10
- Outdoor lounge area
STAFF & SERVICES
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Airport transfer
- Villa pre-stocking
- Activities & excursions
- Grocery Shopping Services
- Housekeeping services
Points of Interest
- 1 minute drive to the Taupo Maori Carving
- 14.7 km to the Huka Falls
- 16 km to the Town of Taupo
- 21 km to Mount Tauhara
- 19 km to Taupo Airport (TUO)
- 273 km to Auckland Airport (AKL)
- 389 km to Wellington Airport (WLG)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Golf course access
+ 1 more
+ 1 more
Taupo, New Zealand
24 min drive
Aukland Airport (AKL)
205 min drive
Wellington International Airport
308 min drive
Points of Interest
Taupo Maori Carvings
15 min drive
18 min drive
23 min drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 125 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 125 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.