Why we require a profile
A robust profile helps show you’re reliable and authentic to people who don’t know you yet, and can help develop connections between Hosts and guests while establishing trust on our platform. Details you choose to share about yourself may be highlighted across the Airbnb platform to Hosts and guests.
Strong profiles include:
- Multiple verifications like email and identity in your confirmed information section.
- At least 50 words about you, why you joined or anything else you think others would like to know.
- A profile photo that shows your face so others can recognise you when you arrive as a guest or host a stay or experience.
All Hosts are required to have a profile photo, and some Hosts require the same of their guests to book.
Guest profile photos aren’t displayed until after a booking is confirmed and can be removed at any time. Your photo is your choice, but make sure it follows our Content Policy, as this photo may be shown to other users across Airbnb – like on your listing if you’re a Host.
- HostYou can edit your settings to require guests to provide profile photos. However, these photos won’t be displayed until after a booking is co…
- HostIn some jurisdictions, guests may establish rights as a tenant after a month, so we encourage Hosts to be knowledgeable about their local la…
- GuestFeatures of listings highlighted when you search for monthly stays.