How do I use PayPal to pay?
Depending on the currency you're paying with, PayPal may be available as a payment method. If PayPal is available, you'll be able to select it on the checkout page. If you don’t see PayPal as an option, you’ll need to either switch to an eligible currency or select a different payment method.
Once you select PayPal as your payment method, a new browser window will pop up and you’ll be taken to the login screen on the PayPal site:
- Log in to your PayPal Account
- Choose one of your linked payment methods (e.g. a credit card or bank account) under Choose a way to pay
- Click Continue
- Confirm the payment method, read PayPal’s policies, then click Agree & Continue
You’ll be taken back to Airbnb’s checkout page where you can confirm and pay for your Airbnb reservation.
Once the payment for the full amount of the reservation is authorised by PayPal, your reservation request will be sent (or your Instant Book reservation will be confirmed). You'll only be charged once your reservation is confirmed. If your reservation request is cancelled, declined, or it expires, the PayPal authorisation will be voided and you won't be charged.
You may need to link a bank account or credit card to your PayPal account to complete your Airbnb reservation. This alternative payment source will only be used if your primary method doesn’t go through. The PayPal website has more information about selecting a preferred payment method.
How can I use my bank account to pay through PayPal?
Money can be securely transferred from your bank account to Airbnb using PayPal Instant Transfer.
To use PayPal Instant Transfer, you’ll need to go to your PayPal account and set it up as follows:
- Link your bank account as a funding source to your PayPal account. Note that this process can take up to 1-2 days. The PayPal website has more details about how to link a bank account to your PayPal account.
- Add a backup payment method (such as a credit card) to your PayPal account. PayPal will only use your backup payment method if your Instant Transfer doesn’t go through.
Once PayPal is set up with your linked bank account and backup payment method, you’ll be able to use Instant Transfer to pay on Airbnb. Follow the steps above and choose your bank account as the funding source when you’re asked to Choose a way to pay on the PayPal site.
- GuestPayment methods acceptedWe support different payment methods depending on the country your payment account is located in.
- GuestEditing, removing, or adding a payment methodFind out how to manage your payment methods.
- GuestWhy is my credit card getting declined?This can happen for a number of different reasons, from an expired credit card to fraud prevention. Check with your bank or credit card comp…