Why some prices are crossed out
Good news! You’re being offered a great deal. We only cross out a price when the one being offered is at least 10% lower than usual for a particular night. Who doesn’t love knowing they’re on to a good thing?
Types of discounts
- Weekly or monthly discount: Hosts sometimes offer discounts on the nightly price for stays that are at least 7 days long.
- Early bird discount: Hosts can offer a discount on the nightly price when guests book a certain number of days prior to their trip. For example, a Host might set a 15% discount for stays booked at least 2 months in advance.
- Price drop: Hosts lower their price for specific dates that they choose.
How we calculate true discounts for price drops
We track all Host’s prices over time. By looking at the median price over the previous 30 days, we work out each Host’s average price. If a Host drops their price by 10% or more below the median for a particular date, we highlight the saving by crossing out the original price.
How it works
Let’s say you search for a night in June. We can see that over the last 30 days, the Host has changed the price for that night on 4 different occasions. We calculate the median price for this night by adding the middle 2 prices together, and dividing them by 2.
Price 1: $90
Price 2: $100
Price 3: $125
Price 4: $140
Median price: ($100 + $125) / 2 = $112.50
Next, we compare this median price to the current price of the night you searched for. If the current price is at least 10% less than the median ($112.50 in this example), we show you the median price crossed out, next to the discounted price.
- GuestCheck the house rules section of the listing description to find out if you can bring your pet or if the Host has pets on the property.
- GuestIf you've submitted a change request to your Host and they've accepted, your reservation will be updated to reflect the changes at your Host…
- GuestA cleaning fee is a one-off additional fee for cleaning the space you stay in. This fee is set by the Hosts.