When you’ll get your refund
Good news – if you’re eligible for a refund, you’ll get it automatically within 10 days. Maybe even sooner.
We'll send your refund as soon as you cancel to the payment method you used when you booked the reservation, but your bank or credit card issuer may take longer to get it to you. It all depends on how you paid and where you live:
- Airbnb for Work credit
- Airbnb gift credit
- Hongbao credit
1 business day
- WeChat Pay
Up to 5 business days
- Sofort Überweisung
Up to 15 business days
- Major credit cards, including prepaid credit and debit cards
- Other payment methods
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
Up to 2 credit card statements
- Major credit cards in Brazil only
Note: If your original payment method’s account was closed, the refund sent by Airbnb won’t be processed. If this happens, we’ll contact you and you’ll have the option to update your payment method.
- How-to•GuestAutomatic refundsWe’ll automatically send any eligible refund to the payment method you used when you made the reservation.
- How-to•GuestRequest a refundRefund requests of any amount should be handled through our Resolution Centre.
- How-to•GuestCancelling your reservation for a stayYou can go to your trips to cancel or make changes to your reservation.