You will live in the private duplex in my home, located between the Long Island City and Astoria districts. You will have 3 BEDROOMS, 2 BATHROOMS, and 2 LIVING ROOMS that spaciously fit 6 adults, but can fit 2 families of 6 people in each floor if you prefer saving money and don't mind crowding. You will love me, your beds, the local restaurants, and the 1 minute walk to the N & W subway lines. My duplex suits business travelers, solo adventurers, couples, and is ideal for families with kids.
Location & Transportation:
- 10 minutes to Central Park & 5th Avenue; 15 min to Times Square; 20 min to Empire State Building & Union Square, 25 min to SoHo; 30 min to China Town/Little Italy; 40 min to 9/11 Memorial/Ground Zero/Freedom Tower; 45 min to Financial District (Wall Street, New York Stock Exchange, Staten Island Ferry & Battery Park).
- 1 minute walking to the "Broadway" stop on N and W metro/subway line.
- Walking-distance to great restaurants, bars, and grocery stores.
- Parking: FREE street-side & FREE private garage.
- Long Island City and Astoria are two of the best social hubs in NYC.
Safe & Legal:
- 100% completely LEGAL listing (one of the very few on AirBnB in NYC).
- Villa Astoria is incorporated in the State of New York.
- Arlo video surveillance used as security system.
- Internet and WiFi
- Air conditioning, hot water, and heating
- Sheets and towels, as well as toiletries (tissue, soap, toothpaste, etc.)
- New contemporary designer furniture
- Amazing lighting: skylight and lots of natural light
- Netflix and other TV services
- Front yard garden, porch, backyard.
- Newly renovated floors and walls.
- Kitchen utilities: dishwasher, microwave, pots, pans, cups, plates, etc.
- Refrigerator in kitchen and mini-fridge in bedroom.
- Tons of storage space (closets, cupboards, drawers).
- Awesome sunsets from bedroom and kitchen windows.
- The nicest hosts in the world, and multi-lingual!
- Our home is famous!!! It was the set for many TV and Hollywood films, most recognizably UK actor Russell Brand's romantic comedy "ARTHUR".
A newly renovated home located in the booming Long Island City/Astoria district! Best way to get a feel for the home is honestly to watch a few scenes from the movie "Arthur" featuring Russell Brand - in our photos we have captions showing at what minute our home appears in the film. It has 3 floors, of which the 2nd and 3rd floor are exclusively for this booking. It can accommodate anywhere from a solo guest or a business traveler looking for lots of space, up to 14 guests who might be a mix of kids and family couples. Both floors have their own locked entrance, so they are fully private, and their own full bathrooms - but only the 3rd floor has a kitchen. This is a very family-oriented and business-friendly environment, so we strive to make the space safe and meet all the needs of different age groups and activities.
SOLO GUESTS (Only 1 person):
In the case of a solo guest or business traveler, you will have 2 bedrooms each with a luxury queen-sized bed with lots of drawers and storage spaces, as well as a large living room area to lounge in - or where you can setup a comfortable work environment. You have a fully-equipped kitchen and 2 full-bathrooms so you will have everything needed to simulate life in NYC. For just one person, we typically suggest booking our other listing for just 1 floor, which will be cheaper and more manageable.
+1 GUESTS (reservations of 2 to 4 people):
In the case of up to 4 guests - for instance 2 people on each floor - this setup is very comfortable as each person is provided a queen-sized bed or sofa bed. In the case of 2 couples, each has their own floor and a living room lounging area.
+4 GUESTS (reservations of 4 to 8 people):
In the case of up to 8 guest - for instance 4 people on each floor - the storage closets contain 4 very high quality air-mattresses with memory foam toppings which (when assembled) creates an extremely comfortable queen-sized bed. With the vacant space in the closets, luggage can be stowed to relieve congestion and allow for more circulation. There are sofa beds in each floor's living-room which are also queen-sized. In total, there are 2 queen-sized beds, 2 queen-sized sofa-beds, and 4 plush air mattresses, which amounts to 8 queen-sized beds across the 2 floors - one bed for each guest. If guests want to save space, you can stow the air-mattresses and share beds if it is appropriate.
+8 GUESTS (reservations of 8 to 16 people):
We have tested the scenarios, and technically 8 people can sleep between the 4 queen-sized beds on each floor without blocking any passage ways - please refer to the photos to see how this is possible. Of course, that means 2 people sleeps on each bed, which is typically only comfortable if the pair is younger siblings or children, or a romantic couple. So it depends on who the guests are and the relationship between those sharing a bed, and sharing the space. We originally suggested 8 guests sleep between the 2 floors because we also imagine a family/friends scenario, where everyone has their own queen-sized bed via air mattress. We really do not encourage to have 8 people on each floor unless you are all close family, family friends, are skinny, have little luggage, really want to save money, or just have a lot of small children. We know it is technically possible, but not necessarily a spacious and comfortable fit - but we will leave that up to you to decide.
Honestly, the best way to understand what our street feels like is to watch Russell Brand’s film “Arthur”. Yes, it is usually pretty calm area, but there is an above ground subway just like in the movie, and it can be loud. However, for many it is actually part of the charm and the real New York feel, and is literally just like in the movie we were featured in. However, we are sound-proofing the entire place using the services of Acoustical Surfaces Inc., to make it better for guests so you can tell your friends you were in the real New York without dealing with real New York problems :).
So while it can be loud, having the train so close is a great thing, because you get to the very center of Manhattan faster than from most places in central Manhattan. Plus, we are around the corner from Broadway where you can get so much amazing food, and see how social and multi-cultural this part of New York is. We are basically right in between the two hottest new neighborhoods in the city - posh and luxurious Long Island City and the hip young and family-friendly Astoria.
Long Island City is truly fantastic and people are rushing to live there, especially with its amazing views of the Manhattan Skyline from the Eleventh Street Basin. Astoria is the new young fun place, that is very family-oriented as well. Since it is traditionally Greek, you seriously will not find better Mediterranean food than in this area. Check-out the nearby Socrates Park for amazing views, and Bohemian Beer Hall for a family-festive beer experience.
Check out our Guidebook to learn more of the inside spots we go to that will make you feel like a New Yorker in no-time!
New York, NY, United States