From the cobblestone streets of Fell’s Point to the shores of Fort McHenry, Baltimore has a lot to explore.
There’s a wonderful, laid back friendliness here, which might explain why Baltimore has the nickname “Charm City.” This place is filled with hard working people who love their city and welcome visitors with big smiles. It has a lot of character and it will leave you wanting to come back again and again.
Get ready: you’re going to want to make the most of every moment during your trip to Baltimore. Here’s your Charm City to-do list:
- Stuff as many delicious crab cakes into your face as possible.
- Buy some peanuts and cracker jacks and root for the home team at the old ballgame at Oriole Park at Camden Yards.
- Drink craft beer at one of the many awesome local breweries.
- Listen to a live music concert at one of the awesome venues around the city, such as Pier Six Pavilion or the 8x10 in Federal Hill.
- See the odd and quirky artwork at the American Visionary Art Museum.
The list could go on forever, as there are so many awesome things to see and do in Baltimore. This city is so great that you will be raven about your trip to all of your friends. Oh no, the puns have started. We’d better go straight into telling you about the apartment amenities.
Your Two Bedroom, Two Bathroom Apartment Features:
- A big and cozy king size bed, where you can drift away into a peaceful slumber after an epic day of living it up in B’more (as the locals call it).
- Bedroom Numero 2 - equipped with a queen sized bed. There’s plenty of space in this place, so bring along your buddies!
- Two bathrooms, so that everyone can get clean at their own pace and there are no line-ups in the morning.
- Nest thermostats that you can program, so you’ll never have to be too hot or too cold.
- A very slick kitchen with granite countertops, stainless steel appliances and designer cabinets. -
- Just in case you are in the mood to let your inner chef shine and cook up your favorite dish for you and your travel buddy.
- Wall to wall plank flooring throughout the apartment. Man, these floors sure are pretty.
- Washer and dryer - full size and front loading. You can wash your clothes and feel fresh and brand new.
Oh say can you see, by the dawn’s early light?
Baltimore is the spot where Francis Scott Key wrote the lyrics for the Star Spangled Banner during the War of 1812. This vibrant city is a fascinating place to visit in the land of the free and the home of the brave.
It’s not only incredibly historically significant, it’s also a chilled out, friendly, working class city that is passionate about baseball, crab cakes and creative culture. It’s home to the largest free arts festival in the USA, the renowned American Visionary Arts Museum and many more places to take in some great art.
You can start your day with the Captain Crunch French Toast at the iconic Blue Moon Cafe, take in a bird’s eye view of the city from the top of the Baltimore World Trade Center and take a walk in the wonderfully scenic Baltimore Inner Harbor. You can even go shopping at the amazing Lexington Market, the oldest market in the USA (founded in 1782). To top it all off, try a hubcap margarita with your travel buddy. Yes, that’s a hubcap full of booze - watch out!
With so much to see and do, it’s hard to have a bad time in Baltimore. You’re sure to fall for the charm of historic and beautiful “Charm City.” The good news is that you’ll be staying in an apartment that’s right in the middle of so many great things to see and do.
Distance to Popular Destinations:
5 minute walk to the Maryland Science Center
14 minute walk to the National Aquarium
13 minute walk to Oriole Park at Camden Yards
10 minute walk to the Baltimore Convention Center
Pharmacy: 6 minute walk to CVS Pharmacy
Urgent Care: 8 minute walk to Concentra Urgent Care
Supermarket: 7 minute cab ride to PriceRite
Metropolitan Coffeehouse & Wine Bar
902 S Charles Street
4 minute walk/0.2 miles
This chilled out place is a stylish coffeehouse in the morning and a sophisticated wine bar in the evenings - so no matter when you visit it will hit the spot. The folks here are serious about creating a great atmosphere and serving up top notch food. Try the scrumptious deviled eggs made with crab and Old Bay seasoning, or the wonderfully unique Smoked Duck Pizza made with fresh mozzarella and basil pesto. Or, if you really want to treat yourself you can indulge in the big and juicy jumbo stuffed shrimp.
The Rusty Scupper Restaurant & Bar
402 Key Hwy
10 minute walk/0.5 miles
The Rusty Scupper is somewhat of a local landmark - serving up fantastic upscale regional seafood in a waterfront setting for more than three decades. If you really want a classic Maryland crab cake, seafood soup or fresh oysters, here is where you will find them. They serve up the best fresh catches from the sea - making them an absolute must on your visit.
Pratt Street Ale House
206 W Pratt Street, Baltimore
11 minute walk/0.5 miles
Looking for a welcoming place to enjoy a local beer and make some new friends? The Pratt Street Ale House will make you feel right at home with great bartenders, big portion sizes and a laid back and friendly atmosphere. They also serve up a menu of classic dishes - including a crab cake sandwich that is packed with yummy crab meat and cooked to perfection. It’s a popular spot for Ravens fans to gather before or after the game.
1 E Pratt Street
8 minute walk/0.4 miles
The perfect setting for a special night out with your sweetheart, Sullivan’s has a swanky and cool vibe with dim lighting, dark wood and an air of sophistication. Oh, then there is the food. 1855 Premium Black Angus steaks are cooked to perfection and they also serve up superb seafood as well including Oysters Rockefeller, Hong Kong Style Chilean Sea Bass, Ahi Tuna Tartare and more.
The Local Fry
21 E Cross Street, Baltimore
8 minute walk/0.4 miles
A warm, salty, crispy-on-the-outside soft-on-the-inside batch of french fries is a perfect comfort food. Late on a Friday night when you stumble out of the bar, it’s almost a heavenly experience. The Local Fry has made fries even more exciting. They dress them up with an international-inspired range of toppings, from Korean kimchi, sriracha mayo and scallions to Hawaiian fries with BBQ sauce, BBQ pork, pineapple salsa, bacon and kewpie mayo. The toppings are executed well and will take your late-night drunken fry-munching experience to another level.
Baltimore, MD, United States